Harbor Freight Tools - Looking to make an impact? Think Harbor Freight Tools! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

"Looking to make an impact? Think Harbor Freight Tools!"

Current Employee - District Manager
Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Harbor Freight is a great place if you are a person looking to make an impact. The company is growing like crazy adding 50+ stores a year, this gives the right person a great opportunity to showcase their talent among a very driven peer group.

Cons

With any company that is growing you are going to have "Growing Pains" Harbor Freight Tools is not without its own. The company is in the process of developing and rolling out new programs related to Freight Management, Pricing as well as many others, for the wrong person looking for a ultra stable work environment this may not be the right time for you. Those leaders looking to help grow a company will find it a very enjoyable setting.

Advice to Management

The leadership at Harbor Freight Tools has never been better! They currently have what I consider to be highest quality management team that the company has ever had.

Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

1. "Performance based culture, great growth opportunities for associates that deliver and become a part of HFT's growth"

Current Employee - IT Leadership Team in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - IT Leadership Team in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Performance based culture, great opportunities to contribute, flat organizational hierarchy provides great exposure to senior management and opportunity to make a difference; non-political environment, deliver for HFT and let HFT take care of you

Cons

Unique culture requires associates to understand it and become a part of it; processes are being defined, shaped and implemented continuously, but requires associates to work with fluid and an evolving environment presently. Dealing with ambuiguity, communicating well and working well with other team members is important to success and associates that do the above well are destined to succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay transparent and communicative, staying on course to grow steadily and generate value for our customers

Harbor Freight Tools Response

Jun 18, 2014 – HR Liason

We’re happy to hear you enjoy the work environment and opportunities at Harbor Freight Tools. We also appreciate your feedback about areas where we can improve. If you'd like to share more specific... More

2. "As a rapidly expanding company, Harbor Freight Tools offers great career opportunities in a performance based enviroment"

Current Employee - District Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In the three plus years that I have been a District Manager with Harbor Freight Tools, I have been fortunate to be surrounded by a dynamite executive team and a great peer network enabling me to build a high performing district team.

Cons

No cons at present time

Advice to Management

Harbor Freight Tools offers a very unique and easy footprint to follow for success.This has allowed me to attract and retain talent from big box retailers at the same time building a foundation for success in the tri state area.