Harbor Freight Tools - Looking to make an impact? Think Harbor Freight Tools! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

"Looking to make an impact? Think Harbor Freight Tools!"

Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Harbor Freight is a great place if you are a person looking to make an impact. The company is growing like crazy adding 50+ stores a year, this gives the right person a great opportunity to showcase their talent among a very driven peer group.

Cons

With any company that is growing you are going to have "Growing Pains" Harbor Freight Tools is not without its own. The company is in the process of developing and rolling out new programs related to Freight Management, Pricing as well as many others, for the wrong person looking for a ultra stable work environment this may not be the right time for you. Those leaders looking to help grow a company will find it a very enjoyable setting.

Advice to Management

The leadership at Harbor Freight Tools has never been better! They currently have what I consider to be highest quality management team that the company has ever had.

Other Employee Reviews for Harbor Freight Tools

"Harbor Freight Tools"

Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are typical for Full Time Retail work. The pay is in line with similar positions, but the bonuses are extremely good and can be 50% of salary. It is easy to recruit top notch people to work for the Company as salaries are better than the norm for Store Managers and Assistant Managers and the work week is manageable. Assistant Managers work 40 hours and Store Managers work 49.

Cons

The work / life balance for District Managers is extremely poor. On top of 75% travel, you are scheduled to work one six day work week every month in addition to working a seven day work week every other month during the parking lot sales. This isn't shared with you during the recruiting process and I only found out after beginning work here. The work load is extremely heavy and there is minimal support for a new person cleaning up "broken stores", but the expectation is that you fix them very quickly. The corporate people constantly threaten to "hold you accountable" while there are several departments at the corporate office that make your job impossible.

Advice to Management

Slow down the growth of the Company until the infrastructure is sufficient to sustain.

2. "Blessed"

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Harbor Freight Tools full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started with HFT as a Corporate Recruiter, worked with an amazing team!! Collaborating with Executives, Hiring Managers, overall assisting with the addition of new hires/ high-achievers. Everyday building professional relationships and now in a new role within the HR Department. I'm truly grateful for the opportunity and enjoy being a part of the Harbor Freight Family.

Cons

I say, its all on how ambitious you are! Opportunity is here NO question.

Advice to Management

Thank you for sharing what you all truly believe in, thats our Core Principles! We all live by them and it shows.