Cover image for Harbor Freight Tools

Dec 15, 2021 - District Manager
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Harbor Freight has afforded me great career growth as well as person development. From store manager to district manager, HFT has been patient in my development and has allowed me to grow into new roles. Not only is the pay competitive with AWESOME benefits, our work life balance is untouchable in the retail world!!

Cons

We are growing so fast that its sometimes challenging to keep up, but that's what makes it fun!

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

First, we would like to thank you for dedicating over 9 years of your career to Harbor Freight and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We couldn’t agree more! Here at Harbor Freight, we are committed to your growth. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where our Associates have the opportunities to flourish and succeed. We highly encourage you to continue providing your suggestions and ideas as we strive to be the best place to work. Thank you for your continued hard work and we’re glad to have you on the team!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Nov 19, 2022 - Store Manager
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Investment in people, future vision.

Cons

Minimum expectations are mixed in with exceptional performance.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking leaders. We couldn’t agree more! Here at Harbor Freight, we value people above all else and we invest in our Associates to make sure they have the skills to succeed and advance in their careers. We highly encourage you to reach out to your HR Partners regarding any concerns. Thank you for your continued hard work and we are glad to have you on the team!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pros

HFT offers countless programs, pillars of operation, benefits, incentives, opportunities, and reliefs which aim to ensure and provide for the needs and well-being of their employees. They are both employee and customer driven, making it clear that they go above and beyond to consistently make their employees feel appreciated and treated fairly. The pay is also better than average for similar work, and the store I work at has a great environment.

Cons

As with any retail or face-to-face customer service operation, there are times in which chain of command fails and employees face disciplinary consequences for things that are either unclear or could be considered unfair. Expectations for results are high, and can sometimes be stressful and/or unforgiving. Some of their systems and procedures could stand to be revised and updated, which would include fixing inabilities to achieve desired results due to simple systems or structures being added, removed, or replaced.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

First, we would like to thank you for dedicating over 4 years of your career to Harbor Freight. We would not be able to achieve all that we do without hardworking team members like you. We depend on all our Associates to provide a great customer experience and we are grateful for all you do. Here at Harbor Freight, we value people above all else and we are committed to creating a healthy environment where our Associates have the opportunity to flourish and succeed. Thank you for your hard work and we encourage you to continue providing us with your feedback.

Discover more reviews about Harbor Freight Tools.

Harbor Freight Tools Careers

Cover image for Harbor Freight Tools

The Harbor Freight team is made up of talented individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact in Associates' and customers’...More

• People First