KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent work place

Jun 22, 2022 - Logistics Associate in Kirksville, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The environment is very happy and upbeat. Not that fake “everything is great!” But just a genuine happiness at the job. Everyone I work with enjoys the job as no one is asked to do anything beyond their actual job requirements meaning you don’t have that awful experience of being a good worker who picks up the other bad workers’ slack. The benefits (retirement plans, sick days, PTO) are also excellent. I’ve never worked for a company that cares. Though the bar is so low it’s in hell, HFT raises the bar and shows you what a good company looks and feels like. Truly the best job I’ve ever had.

Cons

No cons truly worth mentioning; just store-to-store personal issues.

Continue reading

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We always welcome the opportunity to hear from our hardworking team. At Harbor Freight, we take pride in our People First culture and we believe in rewarding our Associates with benefits that matter to them. We depend on all our team members to build the best place to work and we are grateful for all you do. Your feedback is valuable to us and we highly encourage you to reach out to your HR Partners regarding any concerns. Thank you for your continued hard work in Kirksville, MO and we look forward to seeing you grow!

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good compared to others

May 29, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

This job has good benefits and the job duties are pretty simple. Great management but not the sales assistant manager.

Cons

It gets very busy on the weekends and make sure to stand your ground on saying this was not in my job description because they will try to make you do more than you signed up for.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking team! At Harbor Freight, we are continuously working to build the best place to work and your feedback will help us do that. Thank you for your continued hard work and we look forward to seeing you grow!

2. 1.0
    Current Employee

Don’t let your management treat you poorly, you don’t deserve it!

Aug 10, 2022 - Logistics Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s decent pay for retail.

Cons

The management is very one sided. If the higher ups decide who they like it’s impossible to move up any further in the company without transferring stores. They like to pick and choose which policies to follow and who has to follow “said” policies because everyone isn’t held to the same accountability standard. The managers can come in and take their bad mood out on associates without any repercussions or even a talking to. I’ve been here for a couple years and my manager has always been a negative Nancy and very condescending to the associates he doesn’t favor but the store manager is so convinced of his “contribution” to this company that he overlooks everything you ask him to address. Wouldn’t recommend this place if you like to go home in a good mood. But maybe most stores aren’t like that.

Continue reading

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We always welcome the opportunity to hear from our hardworking Associates. At Harbor Freight, we value people above all else and we are committed to creating a healthy working environment for all our Associates. In our efforts of continuous improvement, we strive to improve at all levels, including management. We highly encourage you to reach out to your HR Partners regarding any concerns or you may email me at culture@harborfreight.com. We want you to know that your feedback is important to us and appreciate your continued hard work.

Discover more reviews about Harbor Freight Tools.

Harbor Freight Tools Photos