Hardee's - Alright starting job. | Glassdoor

"Alright starting job."

Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Goldsboro, NC
Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Goldsboro, NC

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not alot of customers. Not much training required. Usually very flexible hours. Provide $5 for meals if you go over you have to pay the difference.

Cons

Closing is bad you usually are by yourself and have to prepare meals and clean at the same time. You will get random rushes at night sometimes 5 minutes before you close. Very strict managers. Sometimes you have to clean breakfast dishes if they weren't cleaned properly. You are expected to be out by 10:20 but very hard when you have to prepare food and clean by yourself.

Advice to Management

Hire more people/

Other Employee Reviews for Hardee's

1. "Treat employee's and management like crap!"

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Gladstone, MO
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Gladstone, MO

I worked at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked there for 3 years and hated every second of it, just needed a job, was shift manager,
    I guess a pro could be that its a steady paycheck. Cant think of any other pro.

Cons

there are so many cons, management is ok, its the big time management that sucks. Not reliable with hours, will only use u when they need you, terrible customers, sometimes you wont get paid for a few days AFTER payday, payroll will continually mess up your paychecks and perhaps put them on other peoples check. They expect you to do so much work but don't want to pay you any money.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees! they are people too! you can not run a successful business with employees that hate there job because they are being treated like crap! Pay your managers some money! when someone quits it is our responsibility to work 40 plus hours at 9 bucks an hour? unacceptable!

2. "Definite problems, but it's a starting job"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Hardee's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a decent enough first job. Some of the shift managers were pleasant to work for - hard working, considerate of availability and balance. High performing employees were recognized and promoted when shift manager positions were open. It's a good place to get customer service experience. Like a lot of entry level food service jobs, no experience was required to get hired. Most of the other employees were friendly.

Cons

At the time, bad management was pretty evident. They routinely scheduled me for times I couldn't work, even though my availability was the same every week. They occasionally clocked people out without telling them when they got near 30 hours. We also weren't allowed to take breaks, even though being scheduled for 10 hour shifts was pretty common. The best you could get was eating a leftover biscuit in a corner of the kitchen if there was a lull between breakfast and lunch. Tendency to micromanage the little things while being absent for big ones. Transferring is near impossible if the store you're at doesn't want to lose you. The general manager was the main problem; I'm not sure if she's still there.

Because it is a minimum wage job, the turnover is really high, and people tend to not treat it seriously. No call no shows were frequent, and that led the store to be seriously understaffed frequently. There were multiple days when I was one of only two employees in the store - one in the kitchen, one in the front. Some customers get irate when they have to wait, but there's really no way around it. Unfortunately, chronic no call no show employees were almost never disciplined, so it kept happening.

No insurance or benefits, but it's a minimum wage, part time position. The shift managers did get benefits, but they were seriously overworked. 50 hours a week was pretty common for them.

Advice to Management

Be willing to deal with seriously underperforming employees, even if it means replacing them. Hire new employees quicker.