Harrington Starr - Profesisonally fun place to work with a focus on growing both individuals and company footprint. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Harrington Starr

"Profesisonally fun place to work with a focus on growing both individuals and company footprint."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Harrington Starr is a privately owned, financial services technology recrtuiment business formed in 2010 and with an active client base, just 23 months later, of 230 companies.

The company prides itself on its ability to fill the hard to find roles whilst maintaing an exceptional level of service. The training I received at Harrington Starr was excellent. After spending 16 weeks going through the Harrington Starr University Program, which is an extensive program focused on the entire recruitment lifecycle, I was able to move into a full consultant role managing the entire process. I was provided with several documents that enable me to constantly learn while I am on the job, supported by the 'training manual', a 350 page manual written by the founders on best practices within the job.

The company is passionate about constantly improving and we have regular "innovation meetings" to ensure that everyone in the business has a say in the culture and daily running of the business. We have recently implemented several changes that were proposed within the meeting to prove this.
There is a genuine team feel in the air and everyone pulls together to ensure that the company is successful. We have regular team outings and everyone in the company is a pleasure to work with.

This is a great place to work for anyone from an experienced recruiter through to a graduate as individual earning potential can be maximised in a short period of time. The commission structure is fantastic with 40% commission exercised on £25,000 + billing and activity levels are managed using prozone and OPTA, which are never used as a stick, but a carrot to acheiving optimal performance.

Cons

The only downside within the company is that the standards are so high not only externally but internally, which sometimes leads to long hours to ensure that best practices are followed from database compliance through to CV formatting.

Advice to Management

I think the leadership team is doing a great job at the moment, I would ask that they continue to keep the transparency between the company and individual strategies.

Other Employee Reviews for Harrington Starr

1. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Harrington Starr full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for several recruitment companies in my career and without doubt Harrington Starr is the best. It starts with world class leaders and a real dedication to great customer service (far too rare in recruitment).

Expectations are high but Harrington Starr offer exceptional training and mentoring and really get the best out of their employees.

It feels fantastic to be part of a growing and ambitious company that honestly seems to care about their customers and the long term career of their staff.

Cons

You have to work hard but being the best doesn't come without effort.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job and thanks for the opportunity.

"Growing business with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Harrington Starr full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great leadership and passionate business, genuinely about offering a consultative and collaborative service to their clients. Good opportunities internally and great executive team to work for.

Cons

Start up business so there are some teething problems when it comes to branching out. All part of the learning curve though.