Harris Communications - ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR | Glassdoor

"ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Pedro Sula

I have been working at Harris Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

A highly organized English school that is process centered, allowing for creative teachers to work their magic within a framework of curriculumn that develops conversational skills. Salaries and advances always available and a great team of coworkers and leaders in all areas.

Cons

Students in Honduras need to understand that hard work is the only solution to making progress thus the great challenge at HC is making students realize that there are no short cuts.

Advice to Management

We so much poverty in the country we need to continue making sure that education does not become a commodity as many incompetant copycats are opening all over the city. Leverage our benefits and uniqueness.

Harris Communications2018-05-24

May 25, 2018President

Thank you for your comments and observations especially related to the challenges that our instructors face in the classroom and the differentiation of education that we provide in a country with high unemployment and poverty levels the highest in the region.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Company"

I worked at Harris Communications

Pros

Great people to work with!

Cons

Contract work isn't guaranteed employment.

Harris Communications2017-03-15

March 18, 2017President

Thank you for your review and comments. Our strategy is to always attempt to hire full-time employees, 85% of our headcount falls under that category. However, on occasion, some trainers are balancing two jobs which prevent an expanded job position.

2. "Horrible work place!"

I have been working at Harris Communications

Pros

daylight hours with breaks.

Cons

Horrible atmosphere. All employees are fighting all the time its like working with 5 yr olds - its drama city. The managers and supervisors treat everyone like they are idiots - several employees cried on a daily basis because they had to work here. Everyone currently here is currently looking for employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Get the drama out of the departments not that it will ever happen since they are the ones you continually keep while the good workers you let walk right out the door! Handle the managers and the way they treat their employees. Talking down to the employees and keeping your favorites to do nothing is not management!

Harris Communications2017-10-02

October 10, 2017President

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to express your opinions. We definitely believe in freedom of speech and want every employee to have a voice. What we do not believe in, however, is freedom to lie, freedom to deceive and freedom to create a fake review. Your ...

Discover more reviews about Harris Communications.