Harris Communications - Summer Co-Op | Glassdoor

"Summer Co-Op"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Harris Communications

Pros

I had great pride of work while I was there. Also as a co-op I was given great responsibility, they are open to new and exciting ideas.

Cons

I can't really think of any...other than there was no benefits package but it was a summer co-op position so it really wasn't expected. Also, there was a hiring freeze when I applied for a job after I graduated.

Advice to Management

I'd say keep up the good work. I had a great experience there. If there was any advice I could give it'd be to keep an open mind when receiving applications from prior co-ops especially if they were well regarded.

Harris Communications2010-11-05

June 7, 2017President

Another review that has confused readers. We do not provide summer co ops. This review is in error. Suggest glassdoor remove it.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Company"

I worked at Harris Communications

Pros

Great people to work with!

Cons

Contract work isn't guaranteed employment.

Harris Communications2017-03-15

March 18, 2017President

Thank you for your review and comments. Our strategy is to always attempt to hire full-time employees, 85% of our headcount falls under that category. However, on occasion, some trainers are balancing two jobs which prevent an expanded job position.

2. "Horrible work place!"

I have been working at Harris Communications

Pros

daylight hours with breaks.

Cons

Horrible atmosphere. All employees are fighting all the time its like working with 5 yr olds - its drama city. The managers and supervisors treat everyone like they are idiots - several employees cried on a daily basis because they had to work here. Everyone currently here is currently looking for employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Get the drama out of the departments not that it will ever happen since they are the ones you continually keep while the good workers you let walk right out the door! Handle the managers and the way they treat their employees. Talking down to the employees and keeping your favorites to do nothing is not management!

Harris Communications2017-10-02

October 10, 2017President

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to express your opinions. We definitely believe in freedom of speech and want every employee to have a voice. What we do not believe in, however, is freedom to lie, freedom to deceive and freedom to create a fake review. Your ...

Discover more reviews about Harris Communications.