Harris Teeter - Terrible | Glassdoor

"Terrible"

Current Employee - Frozen Food and Dairy Manager in Cary, NC
Current Employee - Frozen Food and Dairy Manager in Cary, NC

Pros

Pay is good plus Benefits and the Bonus check

Cons

No communication plus if you or a familiy member how the staff including store manager performance skills are the retaliation is immediately. Plus double standarts.

Advice to Management

Don't be such a hypecrits and liars and every once a while to say something positive about what your employer is doing will not break a jewel out of your crown.

Other Employee Reviews for Harris Teeter

1. "Harris Teeter is an awesome company to work for and they take care of their Associates!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Clerk in Hampstead, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Clerk in Hampstead, NC

Pros

Harris Teeter really takes pride in the overall operation of their stores, the professional image they portray and their associates. They are one of the few companies that realize their associates are what make up the company and they really take care of them. They offer competetive pay, health benefits for both part-time and full-time employees, oppotunities for advancement, Bonus Checks twice per year, 401-K Plan, Employee discounts and so much more! They even had an employee appreciation day for us and the Store manager cooked steaks and potatos for us, while other managers washed our cars for us. Hands down, this is the best employer I've ever had. If you are willing to put a little hard work and dedication into your job, no matter what your position.. it will pay off in the end. As their jingle says "It's my Harris Teeter!"

Cons

Its is a public retail job, so therefore you have to work at the demands of the public. If you work at a beach store, it gets incredibly busy in the summertime and then in the winter when things slow down, your hours get cut. Dealing with angry or disgruntled customers can sometimes test your patience (We rarely have angry customers).

Advice to Management

The management staff does a great job at what they do!

"excellent company with outstanding management team"

Current Employee - Lead in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Lead in Greensboro, NC

Pros

advancment opportunity
    competitive salary
    great management team
    good benefits

Cons

not enought vacation time
    insurance could be lower