Harris Teeter - Its a good place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Harris Teeter

"Its a good place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Clerk in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Customer Service Clerk in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Harris Teeter full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a good place to work especially for high school and college students. They offer great benefits for part-time and full-time, profit sharing checks twice a year for all employees, flexible work schedules, and competitive pay. Overall comfortable work environment. Great management opportunities if transferring from another company.

Cons

Store managment can be messy and slightly unorganized, sometimes they make you feel like your easily replaceable so they don't care. If you are full-time you are expected to have full availability 6am to 12am 7 days a week. They seem to value recruits from other companies more than current employees trying to move up.

Advice to Management

Become a little more organized at store level.

Other Employee Reviews for Harris Teeter

1. "It's an alright place to work"

Current Employee - Harris Teeter Cashier in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Harris Teeter Cashier in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that I work with are great and there are customers I look forward to seeing every week. It's a nice store and the 10% discount on Harris Teeter products is very helpful. Pay above minimum wage

Cons

Management is constantly changing. The new managers are very rude and inconsiderate. They regularly ignore my availability and on the rare occasion that I was sick, my manager said they he didn't believe me and that I had better come in with a doctor's note. He also threatened to fire me. Very unprofessional. Unfortunately, this is not a rarity. Barely paid above minimum wage

Advice to Management

Please teach the assistant store managers to treat their associates with dignity and respect. So much emphasis is put on customer service, how about directing some to the employees as well?

2. "greensboro distribution"

Current Employee - Dry Grocery Associate in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Dry Grocery Associate in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly good benefits, the pay is so so.You will do well if you want to work 7 days a week all the time,unless you are in supervision then you do not do anything, hardly work and yet suprisingly get promoted,getting to do outside chores for the director helps you as well(washing his car,mowing his yard.etc.)

Cons

Management cares absolutely nothing about you,except for what they can get out of you,if you cannot work then they send you home,if you get hurt on the job you are written up and treated like a criminal.

Advice to Management

PLEASE LEAVE!!