Harris Teeter - Polluted work atmosphere | Glassdoor

"Polluted work atmosphere"

I have been working at Harris Teeter full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Bonus is good and that's about it.

Cons

The workplace of the Information Systems is very bad. Filled with politics and people who just don't want the good to rise up the ladder. Some even make it hard on associates who are undoubtedly good at what they do. The IS staff turnover is appalling. Could/Would Kroger come in and change things?

Other Employee Reviews for Harris Teeter

1. "nice place to work if you have low standards"

Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Harris Teeter full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

friendly environment, lateral movement in the company is fairly easy

Cons

low chance at full time jobs, upward movement on the corporate ladder is a very slow and arduous process

Advice to Management

make sure your associates are treated like people. you are making progress towards being like wal-mart and that's not a good thing

"....'good to worst'....."

Current Employee - Assistant Produce Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Produce Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

....the twice a year bonus which is now questionable with Kroger being the parent company......

Cons

...cannot wait to leave the company in the coming year, they talk a good game like Walmart fighting back with their ads saying how great it is to work there but in fact it is the most horrible from an employee morale point of view. Talk to anyone in the stores and if they are willing to tell you the atmosphere sucks because of the constant, always in your face, 'company is coming', audits after audits, after audits and more audits!!! Zero overtime or threats of"write ups" or "documentation"!!. We have 2 arms but they insist on 6 arms and they don't care but they expect it to be done! As far as who you are in the company they don't give a @#$t!!. Don't use your brain just do as we say or we'll "write you up" is a very common comment. This career path is now strictly just a paycheck!! with the clock ticking for departure. I can truly say that I speak for many many people working for the stores but they are 'afraid' of their 'job' or tell anyone. Yes, this may sound like a rant but I challenge anyone to find and speak to the people in the stores and "IF" they will tell you in honesty what they really think about the company.

Advice to Management

....advice to the company!!??......as if they don't already know!!.....they should just fly back in their or shall I say 'we employees company jet" and think about the word "PEOPLE"!!