Harrison College - The growth opportunities were fantastic | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Harrison College

"The growth opportunities were fantastic"

Pros

Completely supportive of employees. There was a great work/life balance. Upper managment was very personable and always tried to communicate well with everyone.

Cons

Had to constantly overcome bad reputation of the school. Unfortunately, too many dissatisfied students and employers. Its not the right place for everyone.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to continue to communcate important changes, opportunities for advancement, and professional development that is to be supported

Other Employee Reviews for Harrison College

1. "Harrison College is one of the Best Places to Work"

Current Employee - Director of Career Services
    Current Employee - Director of Career Services

Pros

Harrison College Senior Management team is amazing. They make everyone feel as if we are one family. They strive to strategically plan growth and encourage employees to do their best work.

It is wonderful assisting students in their educational goals and find opportunities upon graduation. Harrison is not like other institutions and is family operated. I feel my opinions matter.

Harrison has an excellent vacation package and has been voted one of the best places to work for the past 3 years. Harrison offers Associate and Bachelor degree courses in a variety of areas to meet the adult learners needs. They offer flexible scheduling, online learning and hybrid courses as well as life time placement assistance.

Cons

The health benefit package is rather expensive for a family or a single mother. The tuition reimbursement package could be better; however, Harrison does offer free courses or even programs to be taken by employees and their immediate family.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work! You are doing a great job and thank you for valuing your employees as much as you do. We truly appreciate it!

"Online Admissions Rep experience"

Former Employee - Admissions Representative
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative

Pros

Harrison College is a great place to work because of fun, supportive and engaging atmosphere. There is room for advancement within the institution.

Cons

Working for a Career School as an Online Admissions Rep can be very stressful because of the nature of the job being very sales driven and competition amongst co-workers, long hours spent on the phone making nonstop outbound calls to the same leads everyday (felt like telemarketing at times) and working long non traditional hours.

This is a good job/great opportunity for "right" person who doesn’t mind what I described above. I truly enjoyed the people I worked with including management and I would recommend working there to anyone. Online Admissions just wasn’t a good fit for me no other reason.

Advice to Management

N/A