Harrison College - Short but Sweet | Glassdoor

"Short but Sweet"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Harrison College full-time

Pros

Harrison has a great mission and most of the people that I worked with were very committed to it. Everything revolved around how to best serve the students and around changing people's lives. This attitude of service extended beyond the job and into company sponsored service projects. If you want to feel like you are making a difference in the world, this is a great place to be.

Cons

At the time I worked there, the organization was going through tremendous change and I don't think they really had a clear vision of what kind of changes were going to produce the results they wanted. They hired a lot of people and laid off a lot of people within the time I worked there.

There wasn't good communication between different areas of the organization. With all the changes going on, often the left hand didn't know what the right was doing. There was desperate need for a better coordination of work between different functional areas.

Advice to Management

More communication, but not in the form of email. Meet with people face-to-face and ensure that different groups are working together toward common goals. Communication and alignment need to be improved.

Harrison College Response

Jan 15, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback, and your advice to senior management will be shared with the Executive Committee.

Other Employee Reviews for Harrison College

"Constant lay-offs and the campus President was a perv"

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Evansville, IN

I worked at Harrison College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

working closely with the students

Cons

Micro managing and intense sales goals. Working long hours with no over-time.

Advice to Management

Make sure you really know what's going on at your campuses.

Harrison College Response

Dec 27, 2013 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience working for Harrison College. Harrison College is committed to providing meaningful employment that is committed to allowing employees to ... More

"Full Time Instructors"

Former Employee - Instructor in Columbus, IN
    Former Employee - Instructor in Columbus, IN

I worked at Harrison College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being in the classroom was the best part of the job.

Cons

Everything else. When I first started at Harrison College Ken Konesco was President. He preached, "Family, Faith, Health, Job" and lived by it. Then his so took over, the pyramid turned upside down and they no longer cared about your opinion or the quality of student they were enrolling. They also didn't care about their employees any longer.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Jason Konesco, go back to the values that made Harrison College great, and stick to your niche market. You cannot and will never be able to compete with other institutions they way you treat your employees.