Harrison College - Great experience while I was there | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Harrison College

"Great experience while I was there"

Current Employee - Registrar in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Registrar in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Harrison College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very family oriented. With the prior President Ken Konesco, the mission of the company was family first. My direct managers have always been very accommodating and encouraging. I've had several roles due to promotions. The campus was very nice since it allowed a more home feeling.

Cons

Major lay offs within the company after I left due to relocating out of state. Just recently another layoff has been taken place and the majority of my good friends have been laid due to slow economic growth. Administration/Headquarters was more just a corporate job feel to it and didn't feel as valued as working with a campus.

Advice to Management

Stop creating titles for unnecessary positions and then lay the position off in a couple of year. There are so many "Director of" positions that can all be condensed to one Regional position.

Jan 15, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback, and your advice to senior management will be shared with the Executive Committee.

Other Employee Reviews for Harrison College

1. "Short but Sweet"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Harrison College full-time

Pros

Harrison has a great mission and most of the people that I worked with were very committed to it. Everything revolved around how to best serve the students and around changing people's lives. This attitude of service extended beyond the job and into company sponsored service projects. If you want to feel like you are making a difference in the world, this is a great place to be.

Cons

At the time I worked there, the organization was going through tremendous change and I don't think they really had a clear vision of what kind of changes were going to produce the results they wanted. They hired a lot of people and laid off a lot of people within the time I worked there.

There wasn't good communication between different areas of the organization. With all the changes going on, often the left hand didn't know what the right was doing. There was desperate need for a better coordination of work between different functional areas.

Advice to Management

More communication, but not in the form of email. Meet with people face-to-face and ensure that different groups are working together toward common goals. Communication and alignment need to be improved.

Jan 15, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

"Constant lay-offs and the campus President was a perv"

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Evansville, IN

I worked at Harrison College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

working closely with the students

Cons

Micro managing and intense sales goals. Working long hours with no over-time.

Advice to Management

Make sure you really know what's going on at your campuses.

Dec 27, 2013 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience working for Harrison College. Harrison College is committed to providing meaningful employment that is committed to allowing employees to... More