Harrison Medical Center - Nice place, liked job, Upper management not so. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Harrison Medical Center

"Nice place, liked job, Upper management not so."

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Poulsbo, WA
Current Employee - Pharmacist in Poulsbo, WA

I have been working at Harrison Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice small town feel, everybody knows everybody, might be hard for a new person to become an insider. Beautiful mountains, water, little traffic compared to Seattle. Just a ferry ride to Seattle which I think is really cool.

Cons

Upper management for sure. Immediate supervisor was real nice at first, then communication broke down, then she dissed me. Next thing I knew I was being written up for other people's errors and for doing my job and following the law!

Advice to Management

Didn't seem to me HR listened to my responses. Get rid of managers (particularly mine) who seemed to have a hidden agenda. They lost a good employee.

Other Employee Reviews for Harrison Medical Center

"Hostile Work Enviroment"

Current Employee - RN
    Current Employee - RN

I have been working at Harrison Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, Close to home?

Cons

You will feel unvalued, not listened to, lots of drama, backstabbing from both co-workers and management, favoritism of selected staff. When if you leave you will feel your self esteem lowered/torn. They tend to dumb you down, unless your one of the favorites. A lot of the problems Start at the top and roll down hill. Poor behavior and poor nursing is encouraged and or tolerated as long as your a yes man to the management. HIGH turn over rate in staff

Advice to Management

Wake up before you lose more great nurses

2. "Journey"

Former Employee - RN, Supervisor in Bremerton, WA
    Former Employee - RN, Supervisor in Bremerton, WA

Pros

Harrison is on a journey to excellence and it has been a privilege to be part of it and to serve the patients and coworkers

Cons

Like many journeys, it is exciting and takes added focus to implement change. If you want to coast across the finish line this place is not for you. If you are looking challenge and the leadership to back up your skill and passion, consider giving them a second look.

Advice to Management

Well done