Hart Energy Publishing LLLP - Run away | Glassdoor

"Run away"

Pros

Most managers were flexible and if you needed time off during the day or to work from home, it was usually not a problem.

Cons

Management is incompetent and has no idea what is going on. The turnover rate is extremely high and management doesn't seem to care. There is no communication within the company from management to lower level employees. You always find out about something last minute. There are no policies, guidelines, procedures, etc. written anywhere. It is a big mess of a company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. I think this could be a good company to work for if management was replaced and employees were listened to. There are other, much better companies out there and you will continue to lose employees to these companies if you don't step up and do something about it.

Other Employee Reviews for Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

1. "Art Director"

Current Employee - Art Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Art Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hart Energy is a great place to work and to grow your career as well as to make a difference in the community. There are many industry experts here that are excellent mentors to the more junior level employees. We have very good medical insurance and lots of PTO time off. Instead of three day holiday weekends, we have four day weekends. But one of the best thing about Hart is how much they help the community through their contributions and involvement with various charitable organizations. Especially, how they come together to help their fellow employees in a time of need. My family and I were evacuated on a boat due to Harvey. There were three other employees that were also affected by Harvey. Hart paid for temporary housing for all of us and our family members while our homes were being restored. The whole company came together to help us with donations as many of our things were damaged due to the flooding and mold. Not just donations of things, but also donations of their time or to help you move. It really makes you feel so valued and appreciated as an employee. You can't help but think of some of your coworkers as family because this company genuinely cares about their employees.

Cons

I don't have any cons really. The company does have an open door policy so the management team welcomes feedback and does try to address any employee concerns. We have company town hall meetings where those concerns are addressed and answered by Hart's CEO.

"Great People. Poor Management."

Former Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX

I worked at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- You will work with a lot of amazing people that want to help and give great advice. You can learn a lot from them.
    - Lots of PTO and flexible with your schedule.

Cons

Management will overwork you without any compensation for it. If someone quits or is fired in your department, they likely won't hire anyone, ask you to take on more work, and won't give you any more money for it. Only way to get a raise is to have another offer and leverage that to get a raise. The majority of the people I worked with when I was there are gone or are planning on leaving soon.

There is no room for growth in the company. If you're looking for somewhere to stay for the long haul be prepared to wait a long time before you get anywhere.