Hart Energy Publishing LLLP - Run away | Glassdoor

"Run away"

Pros

Most managers were flexible and if you needed time off during the day or to work from home, it was usually not a problem.

Cons

Management is incompetent and has no idea what is going on. The turnover rate is extremely high and management doesn't seem to care. There is no communication within the company from management to lower level employees. You always find out about something last minute. There are no policies, guidelines, procedures, etc. written anywhere. It is a big mess of a company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. I think this could be a good company to work for if management was replaced and employees were listened to. There are other, much better companies out there and you will continue to lose employees to these companies if you don't step up and do something about it.

Other Employee Reviews for Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

1. "Dynamic environment"

Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse and highly educated work force, strong team of colleagues

Cons

Complex product offerings and overlapping chains of command

Advice to Management

Follow through on policy decisions and strategic plans

"It was a Good Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Houston, TX

I worked at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers
    Supervisor
    Work from home on occasions
    Benefits
    Time Off
    Company functions
    Location

Hart Energy can be a decent place to work but the negatives can outweigh the positives sometimes. I learned a lot about the oil and gas industry and about printing processes. The company was up to date on equipment and software. They would make up for the low salary and raises by having various incentives like an annual internal awards for design and editorial depts., annual holiday parties, and giveaways and contests. The monetary prizes and other prizes were great IF you won. The benefits were pretty good when I first started. It was a good stepping stone to something better.

Cons

Dishonesty
    Low pay and raises
    Too much work for the pay
    Benefits
    Upper Management is clueless about
    The list goes on...

I was hired for a position but it got demoted to a lower status/paying position. They were still paying within my salary range so I took the job under the impression that there would be a chance for a promotion after a year. Well I was there was almost 4 years and nothing. Supervisor was hardly in the office after about 2 years of me being there so I really wasn't able to learn much except for what I learned on my own. Was told that the CEO expected us to work over 40 hours a week...on salary which means no overtime. Not with those salaries. People will throw you under the bus to save themselves even when they did something wrong. Graphic Designers were constantly being used as scapegoats because of the incompetence of others. Things have gotten worse since the oil and gas downturn. Like I said in the positive review, they would have incentives like holiday parties and giveaways but that money could have been used to give a mighty good end of year bonus.

Advice to Management

Stop being cheap and pay your employees at least the market value rate, especially when they are constantly being overworked and under appreciated. Start being honest with people and make good on things that were basically promised during hiring process.