Hart Energy Publishing LLLP - Very good at publishing, but needs a lot of improvement on the consulting side | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

"Very good at publishing, but needs a lot of improvement on the consulting side"

Pros

Autonomy in determining what kinds of issues to focus on, what data sources to use.
Serious understaffing--a challenge to be dealt with, but, for motivated people, an opportunity to broaden their areas of expertise.

Cons

Top management does not understand energy consulting business--both from a service pricing standpoint and a technical expertise standpoint.
Lack of upward mobility: the people in charge are in over their heads, have limited prospects to move elsewhere--and they know it.

Advice to Management

Hire someone to run consulting that has extensive, substantive experience--both in producing quality content and properly assessing and pricing consulting proposals.

Other Employee Reviews for Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

"Run away"

Pros

Most managers were flexible and if you needed time off during the day or to work from home, it was usually not a problem.

Cons

Management is incompetent and has no idea what is going on. The turnover rate is extremely high and management doesn't seem to care. There is no communication within the company from management to lower level employees. You always find out about something last minute. There are no policies, guidelines, procedures, etc. written anywhere. It is a big mess of a company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. I think this could be a good company to work for if management was replaced and employees were listened to. There are other, much better companies out there and you will continue to lose employees to these companies if you don't step up and do something about it.

2. "Art Director"

Current Employee - Art Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Art Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hart Energy is a great place to work and to grow your career as well as to make a difference in the community. There are many industry experts here that are excellent mentors to the more junior level employees. We have very good medical insurance and lots of PTO time off. Instead of three day holiday weekends, we have four day weekends. But one of the best thing about Hart is how much they help the community through their contributions and involvement with various charitable organizations. Especially, how they come together to help their fellow employees in a time of need. My family and I were evacuated on a boat due to Harvey. There were three other employees that were also affected by Harvey. Hart paid for temporary housing for all of us and our family members while our homes were being restored. The whole company came together to help us with donations as many of our things were damaged due to the flooding and mold. Not just donations of things, but also donations of their time or to help you move. It really makes you feel so valued and appreciated as an employee. You can't help but think of some of your coworkers as family because this company genuinely cares about their employees.

Cons

I don't have any cons really. The company does have an open door policy so the management team welcomes feedback and does try to address any employee concerns. We have company town hall meetings where those concerns are addressed and answered by Hart's CEO.