Hart Energy Publishing LLLP - Very good at publishing, but needs a lot of improvement on the consulting side | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

"Very good at publishing, but needs a lot of improvement on the consulting side"

Pros

Autonomy in determining what kinds of issues to focus on, what data sources to use.
Serious understaffing--a challenge to be dealt with, but, for motivated people, an opportunity to broaden their areas of expertise.

Cons

Top management does not understand energy consulting business--both from a service pricing standpoint and a technical expertise standpoint.
Lack of upward mobility: the people in charge are in over their heads, have limited prospects to move elsewhere--and they know it.

Advice to Management

Hire someone to run consulting that has extensive, substantive experience--both in producing quality content and properly assessing and pricing consulting proposals.

Other Employee Reviews for Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

"Run away"

Pros

Most managers were flexible and if you needed time off during the day or to work from home, it was usually not a problem.

Cons

Management is incompetent and has no idea what is going on. The turnover rate is extremely high and management doesn't seem to care. There is no communication within the company from management to lower level employees. You always find out about something last minute. There are no policies, guidelines, procedures, etc. written anywhere. It is a big mess of a company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. I think this could be a good company to work for if management was replaced and employees were listened to. There are other, much better companies out there and you will continue to lose employees to these companies if you don't step up and do something about it.

2. "Director of New Business"

Current Employee - Director of New Business Midstream and Digital in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time

Pros

energy markets are mending, the people, vacation days, paid time off, benefits. I'm glad to be able to work for Hart again because they had given me an opportunity before that I left during the energy market downturn. I was overjoyed when they reached back out to me as things are recovering. I think that says a lot about the management here.

Cons

It's Long commute for me.

Advice to Management

Create more value added, multi-channel packages that require a contract. Have about five of them that you can tweak here and there within reason to form a customized solution for an advertising client.