Hart Energy Publishing LLLP - I would give it 0 stars if I could | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

"I would give it 0 stars if I could"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of exposure to many different areas of oil and gas

Cons

Where to even begin...this is absolutely the worst place I have ever worked. It is chaotic and unorganized, you are expected to work well beyond 40 hours a week with no incentive or even acknowledgement, management is a joke, pay is insultingly low, there is no room for growth as they openly brag about not promoting from within. If you are not one of the handful of lifers at the top, you have absolutely no chance of ever being happy here. RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN!!!

Oh, and expect to hear racism, classist remarks and (if you're a woman) be sexually harassed without anywhere to go for assistance. HR is a joke, so is finance and every other department in the company. I can't stress this point enough, RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN!!!

If you choose to go work here, expect to be worked like a dog, paid like a slave and treated like dirt.

Advice to Management

There is no advice to give to people who openly boast about not caring about their employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Hart Energy Publishing LLLP

1. "Very pleased"

Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A very accommodating and employee friendly atmosphere. Allows one the opportunity to grow in one's career path and interact with supervisors on a regular basis.

Cons

Sometimes can be a little hectic due to the corporate structure; corporate organization could use a little bit of a tidying up, but overall not a real problem.

Advice to Management

No real outstanding complains - see above about corporate structure. Understand that that is a function of an organization this size, though.

"Good place to gain (entry-level) experience, but not a long-term career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hart Energy Publishing LLLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people are friendly and some are fun to work with
    Office location is central
    O&G/energy industry is a stable place to have a job, particularly in Houston

Cons

Poor communication, particularly within management and between management and lower-level employees
    Lack of process and poor organization (company-wide) - very frustrating work environment
    Extremely high turnover - There are a few tenured employees, but the majority last between 1-3 years.

Advice to Management

Take the time to get feedback from your employees, then TAKE ACTION. A lot of talk and not enough execution.