Hart InterCivic - Great Opportunity for contract work during elections! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hart InterCivic

"Great Opportunity for contract work during elections!"

Former Contractor - Trainer in Austin, TX
Former Contractor - Trainer in Austin, TX

I worked at Hart InterCivic as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Hart. The voting machines & software are great products. I also loved the friendly atmosphere and the "Hart-Rock Cafe" on Fridays.

Cons

It was only a contract job so there was no room for advancement, but it was a great place to do contract training.

Other Employee Reviews for Hart InterCivic

"If you don't mind only knowing what's going on in your cube, Hart InterCivic might just be for you."

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Austin, TX

Pros

During the time I worked at Hart InterCivic, there were very good opportunities for contract employees to be hired on as permanent staff.

Cons

I worked as a Technical Writer, and was told from Day One that I would never, ever, ever, ever have access to the developer. There was one senior developer who I prayed every day would not be hit by a bus or become a victim of some other accident--if he went down the whole company was going to go down.

I had to write documentation for software based on software alone...I was fortunate enough to have access to QA when I had questions.

The UI had typographical errors in it that were "not important" enough to fix. Sorry folks, your UI is your window to the world. Making it perfect is critical.

I had no idea who worked on what, who all was in my department, or why we were doing most of what we were doing.

Advice to Management

Read some books on team-building, then work some of the exercises with your employees. Especially when you have more than one major division in a company, it's so helpful for all your people to fully understand the entire scope of the company's work

2. "Good management who value employees"

Pros

True team, can-do attitude
    Friendly staff

Cons

Mostly contract work (60-80%)
    No true use of any SDLC in software

Advice to Management

Create more permanent opportunities to leverage knowledge retention
    Implement an SDLC