Harvard University - Fantastic place to work and do research - though it may depend slightly on what you are with. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Harvard University

"Fantastic place to work and do research - though it may depend slightly on what you are with."

Former Employee - Research Assistant II in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Research Assistant II in Boston, MA

Pros

Weekly happy hours!; very collegial atmosphere; specifically, my PI was a wonderful, caring, and reasonable person to work for and I was very satisfied with the way I was treated.

Cons

It is worth noting that one's working experience at HMS may be influenced by the PI you specifically work for. I consider myself very fortunate with the PI I worked with, though I did occasionally hear from others some dissatisfaction with theirs.

Advice to Management

None.

Other Employee Reviews for Harvard University

1. "Staff Assistant Review"

Current Employee - Staff Assistant in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Staff Assistant in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Very supportive environment, great co-workers and work/life balance. Compensation is very competitive.

Cons

Very decentralized, makes some projects difficult.

Advice to Management

None

"Harvard University Employee for 2 years"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Boston, MA

Pros

Really good benefits (3-4 weeks vacation and 2 weeks sick time, health benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid Christmas break ,competitive salaries, education benefits, etc), Harvard tries to promote from within, at least in my department-room to get promoted or move to other departments, great people to work with

Cons

With Harvard relying on large endowment and the state of economy, fears about getting laid off

Advice to Management

Stop creating so many associate directors, VPs, and associate dean positions! Too many chiefs and not enough indians. When layoffs happen, it's never the upper level management that gets the ax. But they continue to create these highly salaried positions when we need more regular employees-they're the ones that do the real work.