Harvard University - Fantastic place to work and do research - though it may depend slightly on what you are with. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Harvard University

"Fantastic place to work and do research - though it may depend slightly on what you are with."

Former Employee - Research Assistant II in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Research Assistant II in Boston, MA

Pros

Weekly happy hours!; very collegial atmosphere; specifically, my PI was a wonderful, caring, and reasonable person to work for and I was very satisfied with the way I was treated.

Cons

It is worth noting that one's working experience at HMS may be influenced by the PI you specifically work for. I consider myself very fortunate with the PI I worked with, though I did occasionally hear from others some dissatisfaction with theirs.

Advice to Management

None.

Other Employee Reviews for Harvard University

1. "Great university, Great research, Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Graduate Student in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Graduate Student in Boston, MA

Pros

It is great to be able to go anywhere and have people recognize my university.
    Research community here is very vibrant and wide. People are very smart and nice.

Cons

Graduate salaries suck, though, but the future opportunity is very promising.

Advice to Management

not much ... just keep it going!

2. "Product Manager"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Cambridge, MA

Pros

The ability to do a variety of tasks as well as work with some interesting projects and exposure to new technology.

Cons

Hard to say, people were very nice , friendly, helpful,etc. Probably the politics and the changes in senior management made people a little scared.

Advice to Management

Overall it was a great experience, with the mergers and downsizing that is currently occurring be as open and honest as possible