Hasbro - It has been interesting, I have learn a lot and met a lot of people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hasbro

"It has been interesting, I have learn a lot and met a lot of people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Hasbro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is a friendly company, descent health insurance and has a lot of perks.

Cons

Every department is different. Management is different. Some excel, some don't. Find it hard to get promoted with in the department. Sometimes there is unfairness.

Advice to Management

To inform, to have more meetings. To interact with the individual contributors. Not just with supervisors. To really look at performance reviews. I don't understand why I have to do one, get good feed back from my management, but yet do not get recognized through higher management for promotions. Just verbally told, not put into action.

Other Employee Reviews for Hasbro

"I worked for Hasbro a VERY long time,"

Former Employee - IT Analyst
    Former Employee - IT Analyst

I worked at Hasbro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are some truly talented, smart people working at Hasbro. None of them are in a position of authority and they should be.

Cons

There is no encouragement for work/life balance at all. You are expected to be on call 24/7 even when you are not scheduled. Do more with less is the order of the day with no thought given to the stress level of the employee. Expect to work late often, get called at 2:00am for a problem that could wait until regular business hours and always be ready for the never ending rounds of meeting after meeting that accomplish very little. Like no raises? No promotions regardless how hard you work? Bad food in the cafeteria? Do you like being stuck in a corner and forgotten? But wait there's more. Incompetent managers and directors that give little or no direction and have been known to give directions that contradict previous directions given.

Advice to Management

Ask any it employee about it management, most will shake their head an say "What are you gonna do? It's the new regime. You should be careful" Has anyone heard the word regime in a good context. Advice to management, listen to your people, they can make you look great if you let them. Sweep up the eggshells you have everyone tiptoeing over and let them do their job. If someone stumbles help him up and ask him to try better next time.

"Once great...now a mess"

Former Employee - Executive Management in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Executive Management in Providence, RI

I worked at Hasbro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family company with great brands was the past

Cons

Management has lost touch, too much "form over function".

Advice to Management

Stop playing the blame game