Hasbro - Product Design Engineer Coop | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hasbro

"Product Design Engineer Coop"

Former Employee - Product Engineer in Providence, RI
Former Employee - Product Engineer in Providence, RI

I worked at Hasbro part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in the board game division and it was a very creative environment. Worked with marketers, designers, and other engineers. I learned a lot about manufacturing principles and design specifications.

Cons

Not much room for advancement, teams tend to get stuck together. A lot of the work given to you comes in waves.

Other Employee Reviews for Hasbro

"You qork on cool stuff but don't expect to be paid well"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You work with toys all day.

Cons

Pay for all departments is way below regional averages. Hasbro is more reactionary than innovative due to the conservative senior management team.

Advice to Management

To attract and keep the most talented individuals Hasbro needs to pay more. Being located in Pawtucket RI is no excuse to pay poorly but that's the HR speak that will be repeated to you over and over again. Most long term employees are embedded and from that area and therefore do not have options. Hasbro clearly takes advantage of this. Hasbro wants a team of low paid worker bees, and clearly not a well paid staff of talented and innovative minds. The members of the senior management staff are the only well paid employees at Hasbro.

"At Hasbro you become an expert at many things and a specialist at nothing. No clear career path."

Current Employee - Art Director in Pawtucket, RI
    Current Employee - Art Director in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Hasbro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are many areas for a creative to move and all, are very interesting as interns and entry level you get LOTS of responsibility which is great.

Cons

There are many areas for a creative to move unfortunately it is laterally but I must say I loved my job and I never bored. Just wish the career path was there HR really doesn't help nor managers. They are ineffective because their hands are tied.Creative hit a glass ceiling at art director.

Advice to Management

Work on career paths for creatives and mentoring from managers, It seems at Hasbro everybody is reinventing the wheel. Very inefficient I think that is why people of worth get frustrated and leave. To bad the people / workers are great!