Hassett Express - Descent | Glassdoor

"Descent"

Former Employee - Dock Worker in Elk Grove Village, IL
Former Employee - Dock Worker in Elk Grove Village, IL

Pros

Hassett Air Express is a good place to work if your looking for some cash. The people there are nice and management isn't to bad either. You get the feeling of a family company.

Cons

Physical labor is the biggest downside, but it comes with the job. The work is the same over and over and you will be lifting things quite often.

Advice to Management

Not to much here. Some shifts in the company could be beneficial but for the most part very nice people.

Other Employee Reviews for Hassett Express

"Grass is not always greener!"

Former Employee - Former Management in Elmhurst, IL
    Former Employee - Former Management in Elmhurst, IL

I worked at Hassett Express full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The sense of purpose and family is what made leaving difficult. I worked with
    passionate coworkers and we cared about each other and our customers. I was able to change and grow with the company during my long tenure. All it took was initiative. The compensation was fair and yes, wages were cut and pay was frozen. It was the right thing to do or else more jobs would have been cut in the long-term.

Cons

Some coworkers seem to have a real sense of entitlement. Times change, economic reality is important. If people aren't happy...then make a change. It saddens me to see these negative reviews because this was one of the best jobs in my career. The grass is not greener when you leave. The President is a visionary and I learned much from her.

Advice to Management

Not is a position to give advice. Just know that I miss my coworkers and the sense of teamwork as we worked hard to exceed customers.

Hassett Express Response

Aug 1, 2016 – Senior Human Resources Manager

We appreciate the review and your insight into your role while at Hassett. We are a good group of employees that do care about each other and our customers. It's nice to hear that Hassett was one ... More

"Waste of Time and Money"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

Parking is good. Food places are close.

Cons

Management continues to have parties with junk food which is a waste of time and money. They gave us bags with junk food inside. Take this money and give it to us in raises. What does the HR Department do for employees other than walk around and talk to people. They added security cameras now they can watch us all the time. Not really sure what the company is doing for us.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting money. Give us more raises. Stop the junk food.