Hatch Mott MacDonald - HMM has given me a true perspective of an engineering career and in my case solidified my desire to become an engineer. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hatch Mott MacDonald

"HMM has given me a true perspective of an engineering career and in my case solidified my desire to become an engineer."

Current Employee - Co-Op Student
Current Employee - Co-Op Student

Pros

Even though I was a co-op student, I was given a very high level of responsibility. My work assignments were truly valued and contributed greatly to the current projects our team was working on. This responsibility, and recognition of my individual skills, allowed me to become a more confident and productive employee.

Cons

There were at times where I had little or no work to do. Additionally, our network drives were sometimes unbearable due to lack of usuable bandwith, resulting in slower work flow.

Advice to Management

Management should take the time to get to know their employees a little more (summer time events, outings, BBQ, etc.)

Other Employee Reviews for Hatch Mott MacDonald

"Good company... if you're an engineer."

Pros

- Great benefits Package
     - Really good HR Department
     - Intranet with easy access to support from other offices
     - Good IT Support

Cons

Unfortunately, the only staff that is treated really well at this company are the engineers. Support staff is often ignored, or worse, considered "expendable." Yes, the engineers are the fee-earning workers, but they would be lost without the support staff to handle the day-to-day minutia that comes with making sure a company runs smoothly.

Advice to Management

Before you take the word of your engineers above your administrative / support staff, please actually listen to what the admin staff have to say. Bullying in the workplace is never ok, regardless of whether or not it's an engineer who is administering the bullying. Don't call your support staff "expendable" as a form of intimidation - it is an unacceptable way to communicate your point, and clearly demonstrates your inability to be impartial when sent to an office to mitigate a situation between co-workers.

"laid-back"

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. No set time on when you had to come in-- just work your 8 hours, then leave.

Cons

small office so the projects were all relatively the same

Advice to Management

hire more people