Hatsize Learning Corporation - A great place to work if you enjoy dynamic environments and you work ok under uneven pressure. When it rains, it pours. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hatsize Learning Corporation

"A great place to work if you enjoy dynamic environments and you work ok under uneven pressure. When it rains, it pours."

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

Small company dynamics mean you get to wear many hats and experience a broad set of roles and subject matter in your day to day responsibilities. Flexible and agile.

Cons

Small company dynamics mean you often have to work odd hours and fill in where there are gaps. This will intrude on your personal time. Decide whether this is a significant downside for yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep the end goal in focus and continue to let the technical stars in your organization get work done. Introduce only meaningful process and review it regularly.

Other Employee Reviews for Hatsize Learning Corporation

1. "A Good Intro Experience"

Former Intern - Software Developer in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Intern - Software Developer in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Hatsize Learning Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good intro to Agile Software development. Friendly staff and development team. Encouraged to really be part of the team.

Cons

Sometimes will do something one way, to later find out by another developer it should have been done another (though it didn't happen often).

Hatsize Learning Corporation Response

May 9, 2017 – CEO

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your internship with us. We work hard to keep a strong team environment, and I'm happy that came through in your experience. Best of luck with the rest of your... More

2. "Broth is too hot"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Hatsize Learning Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable, senior, easy going devs. You will learn a decent amount. Agile process is embraced. Pair programming is awesome. Collaboration is encouraged.

They have been hacking away at the old/crappy/legacy code. Last I heard most of it now gone so you wouldn't have to look at legacy code which seemed to be written by someone in 1st year. It really was horrific.

Cons

While most of the team is a joy to work with, there is a certain elements who makes thing unnecessarily tough (If you read this review carefully, there is a hint who that is). So if you are paired/stuck with the said individual, your life at Hatsize would be tough. This is not just my sentiment, I had this conversation with other devs and they readily agreed.

As a team, you are expected to manage things yourself. In other words, the manager doesn't really manage the team, he only manages end clients

Advice to Management

Do not tolerate brilliant jerks. The cost to teamwork is too high
    -Reed Hastings, CEO Netflix

Hatsize Learning Corporation Response

Feb 7, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate your honesty on the ups and downs of your experience at Hatsize. The new leadership team has spent the last year promoting a culture where everyone's... More