Havasu Regional Medical Center - Pay isn't adequate for the Demands placed on the Registered Nurse. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Havasu Regional Medical Center

"Pay isn't adequate for the Demands placed on the Registered Nurse."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lake Havasu City, AZ
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lake Havasu City, AZ

I have been working at Havasu Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job Security- No one else wants to work here. (3rd floor Telemetry). High nurse turn over. New nurses quit when they have enough experience that other hospitals will hire them.

Cons

A nurse continues to maintain high nurse/patient ratios even though the acuity is high. Nurses often feel overwhelmed because they can't provide quality care to all their assigned patients. Pay is not high enough to retain experienced nurses. I quit because as a more experienced nurse I was getting more of the higher acuity patients and I had to help the less experienced nurses as well. I now leave my home in Havasu and travel to California ( the higher pay compensates for rent). I also have lower nurse/patient ratios working for a hospital that cares for it's staff. This summer we got 75 to 150 dollar walmart gift cards just as a thank you and for Christmas I got $350 walmart gift card. At Havasu I was lucky to get a cheap 10 dollar turkey (if profits were high) and Often we got substandard raises because it's a for profit hospital and the share holders and CEOS come first. Now most of the experienced nurses quit... I hear the new ones can't start IV's. I hope the ER starts my Iv if I get sick (all the good nurses are down there).

Advice to Management

Start to listen to your nurses! If you want higher quality nurses... you have to pay for us and treat us right... Remember our experience also tells us that we don't have to put up with lack of appreciation, higher acuity levels, higher nurse/patient ratios all for less pay. You get what you pay for!

Other Employee Reviews for Havasu Regional Medical Center

1. "Never again"

I worked at Havasu Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits were fair. At one point coworkers were fine. Aii that changed..

Cons

Total discontentment within unit. Immediate supervisor was terrible. 5 people in 8 months left. Patient satisfaction of hospital is below 50%.

Advice to Management

Learn how to keep good staff. When things are confided to you don't ever turn it back against employee. Keep adequate staffing levels. Keep in better tune with your staff. It will head off any problems before the become full blown.

"Overworked"

I worked at Havasu Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Hire you under false pretense, and stick you where ever they decide to. Cna's have too large of teams, there is no team work to manage these patients safely.

Advice to Management

Hire more core staff, and up your staffing matrix to make SAFE patient care possible. Teach the nurses to work at a team. We are all there for them, rather it be admitting, housekeeping, cna, or nurse.