Havertys - A place to work until I get something better. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Havertys

"A place to work until I get something better."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

The company has a very good reputation toward it's customers.

Cons

The payscale is deseigned to keep a person down. There are more ways to have your comission cut rather than to increase it. They spend way too much time concerned with how many customer emails we collect than the sales we close.

Advice to Management

Sales people are the backbone of your company. Take their advice about customer issues such as delivery fees. Stop listening blindly to "marketing people" They have all kinds of crazy ideas they use to draw in customers however the fine print is always hidden and when someone thinks they are getting some kind of discount and they dont qualify it pisses them off. If someone balks about delivery or being just shy of dollar amount to qualify for a discount management says oh well you can shop somewhere else. I kid you not. Get the customer out of the market and take the sale! how blind can a company be?

Other Employee Reviews for Havertys

1. "Not too bad."

Current Employee - Porter/Delivery
    Current Employee - Porter/Delivery

Pros

Great team at my location. Appreative workplace (At Location). My Location has earned my loyalty. Excellent Management/ Immediate Surperiors. You stay pretty busy.

Cons

Wear and tear on your body. Sometimes you feel like you are being jerked around. Company makes me feel under valued. Seem afraid of either pay being cut or loss of job. As Delievery we are punished for things we have no control over.

Advice to Management

Just simplify the whole shopping process for customers without adding work to everyone else. I know this seems vague but if I elaborate it might took as venting. (like the new hanging signs?)

2. "My experience with Havertys was overall depressing, non-supportive, and financially disabling."

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

I liked my co-workers who helped create a family atmosphere.

Cons

Long hours between customers. Micromanagement of sales people.

Advice to Management

Change your advertising! It is sooooooo boring. Havertys should align themselves with a celebrity to advertise their products. People go into sales because they do not want a "desk job". The expectations of sales associates are such that the job has become tied to a desk and a computer screen.