Hawaiian Airlines - Overall I think the best place in Hawaii | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hawaiian Airlines

"Overall I think the best place in Hawaii"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Hawaiian Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great Benefits for Hawaii
-Ability to fly for free
-Great people in the business
-Flexible work hours for corporate employees

Cons

-Reactive culture, so slow to respond
-Managers are not given power to make decisions without fear from Sr. Managers
-Ability to grow professionally is not there
-The company is not competitive in salary

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your project team to make solid decisions. Too often the executive team ignores a problem until it becomes a fire and this cripples the team who needs to execute.

Other Employee Reviews for Hawaiian Airlines

"Full of double standards and not giving credit where credit is due."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Pros

Flight benefits are great if you have enough vacation time and if you don't mind flying standby. Most of the people are great to work with.

Cons

Too many double standards. People who work on another island are not allowed to say they cannot come to work because of a full flight, yet some people are allowed to use this excuse. Working from home is also not acceptable, yet some folks are allowed to do it.

Project managers manage projects, if a project is a success or failure it should fall on their shoulders, yet some of the project managers blame other groups for their failures.

Recently we had a reorganization and as far as my title is concerned, I received a demotion. My pay and my title was determined by a company who has no idea what I do. A person in my position with "Manager" in their title (What I used to be) should be earning between $56k and $114k, yet I make less than $56k. They took away my title so they could pay me less, yet I still do the exact same job.

We were put in "boxes" (positions) after the reorg, and upper management said there should not be a need for boxes to be created, yet several departments have added boxes to their group. One box that was eliminated, an analytics position for our website, it took almost one year for upper management to figure out we needed the position. If the reorg made that kind of mistake, why should I believe my pay is correct!?

Advice to Management

Everyone seems to play the "blame" game here. People should own up to their faults and come up with solutions that really help the company.

"#1 for a reason"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Honolulu, HI

Pros

Great company to work for, free travel, and great people. Company always looking to advance and be a market leader.

Cons

There are not too many cons, work schedules can be challenging at times, upper management support to union members. Don't mess up or your gone!

Advice to Management

Look beyond the cover of the book, you have a lot of great employees! You let a lot of great management employees go for stupid reasons.