Hawk Ridge Systems - Let's face it, a company is about people, and these people are smart and successful, making it a great place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hawk Ridge Systems

"Let's face it, a company is about people, and these people are smart and successful, making it a great place to work."

Current Employee - Professional Person in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Professional Person in Oakland, CA

Pros

The offices are all pretty small so no matter where you work you feel like you are part of a small company. We sell a great product which is really fun to talk about and demonstrate. Expectations are high and that is why our results have always been so good.

Cons

Some people are disappointed because the owners are not perceived as generous (no match on the 401k) but the sales compensation plans are very generous. It really depends on how you define generous and what is important to you.
The people who don't succeed here are the ones who fight the culture. We are growing and changing and some people cannot cope with that. It really just boils down to knowing yourself, what work environment is good for you, then go find it. If the expectations seem high, you have to step up and do better. If you don't *want* to do better, you are in the wrong company.

Advice to Management

The only advice I would have given to management is to loosen the reins a bit - three owners cannot directly supervise over 100 employees in two countries - but they just announced some internal promotions and new manager openings so we were very happy to see that change.

Hawk Ridge Systems Response

May 10, 2014 – HR Manager

The structure of the company has completely changed in the past two years. Many of our team members have been promoted into management roles as we build the infrastructure to support our growth. It... More

Other Employee Reviews for Hawk Ridge Systems

"Misleading sale role"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Hawk Ridge Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

people are very nice and friendly.

Cons

Account managers are really just telemarketers. Constant calling, almost "harassing" customers. Very transactional. No real authority on accounts. Everything needs approval.

2. "Great Opportunity !!"

Current Employee - Account Subscription Manager
    Current Employee - Account Subscription Manager

I have been working at Hawk Ridge Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture of the place is very friendly so its easy to work along with team or coworkers. Great support from Sales Manager.

Cons

lack of sick days and vacation period.

Advice to Management

Positive reinforcement works much better than micro management.