Hawks Cay Resort - Must have PATIENCE | Glassdoor

"Must have PATIENCE"

Former Employee - Bartender in Duck Key, FL
Former Employee - Bartender in Duck Key, FL

I worked at Hawks Cay Resort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management lower (hourly) and mid level (less than 55Kpy) understand and do what they can, the guests, the employees, and it location.

Cons

Lack of leadership from Executive and Upper management (56Kpy and up), no communication, decisions made based on personal opinion rather then guest needs. lack of structure and training at all levels

Advice to Management

Start listening to your assoiates and lower level management they know what the guests want, and how to accomplish it. Replace a few key people in Executive offices and you will see the resort grow and prosper.

Other Employee Reviews for Hawks Cay Resort

"Perfect for Looking to Settle in the Florida Keys"

Former Employee - Banquet Captain in Marathon, FL
    Former Employee - Banquet Captain in Marathon, FL

Pros

The location is fantastic for those looking to settle in the Keys. Equidistant from Miami and Key West. Provides limited employee housing to seasonal hourly staff and very limited employee housing. Pay is competitive.

Cons

Communication from senior staff can be lacking. Rumors run through the hotel without confirmation. Succession planning and workforce development in some areas is lacking. LIke many employers in the Florida Keys, it is difficult to move up because of management longevity.

Advice to Management

Be more open with staff about the direction of the hotel and expectations, particularly for promotion.

2. "Enjoyable workplace"

Current Employee - Massage Therapist
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist

I have been working at Hawks Cay Resort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Hawks Cay for a few years now and have really been enjoying my time working on Duck Key. For the field I am in they have a competitive pay structure and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, and employee meals. This is a huge perk for me. My coworkers are great and I find my work both challenging and rewarding.

Cons

I work on a somewhat remote island in the keys. We have high turn over because of this and a lot of time, money and resources are spent on training new people.

Advice to Management

Try to find incentives to retain your key employees and managers long term