Hayneedle - A call center, but not. | Glassdoor

"A call center, but not."

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Advocate in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a call center, but one in which the employees are given tools to actually fix customer's problems. Instead of saying, "We don't do that." to hundreds of people a day, we are encouraged to think outside the box to help customers with problems. A laid-back work atmosphere and easily-available overtime is a nice bonus.

Cons

It is still a call center; there is not a mindlessly-easy employee interface, you actually need the training offered.

Advice to Management

Don't make too many changes too fast; you have a good thing here and it would be sad to see the personal service buried under an avalanche of red tape and 'QA' demands.

Hayneedle2013-10-09
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - UI/User Experience Designer Level II in Omaha, NE

I worked at Hayneedle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Talented Team. Excellent Collaboration. - Flexible. Family Friendly. - Flex PTO - Juicy Projects - Transparency

Cons

- Lack of Direction - Leadership Turnover - Poor Top Down Strategic Decisions (Walmart) - Unattainable Performance Reviews - Limited Promotions/Raises

Advice to Management

Stick with decisions and push back on Walmart when necessary. Hayneedle knows home.

Hayneedle2019-05-14
  2. "It started out great but slowly declined"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Hayneedle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The atmosphere was like a family, so it was very sad when I was let go with the recent lay off. The supervisors were great and so were most of the managers. Dental benefits are good, even better after 2 years.

Cons

The Walmart medical benefits are terrible.

Hayneedle2019-05-28

Discover more reviews about Hayneedle.