Hazelden Betty Ford - Mission based and supportive team | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hazelden Betty Ford

"Mission based and supportive team"

Current Employee - Help Desk Team Lead in Center City, MN
Current Employee - Help Desk Team Lead in Center City, MN

I have been working at Hazelden Betty Ford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees truly care about the Organization's mission to help better the lives of those stricken with drug and alcohol addictions and I believe that is why they have so many long term employees. It gives you a sense of purpose.

Cons

The Organization is growing very quickly and upper Management sometimes has a hard time keeping up and making the right decisions based on resources and need. Some employees are overworked while others do not seem to have enough to do.

Advice to Management

Staff seems knowledgeable and I believe if driven in the right direction the Organization will continue to grow and excel.

Other Employee Reviews for Hazelden Betty Ford

"Mixed Experiences of Work Climate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Hazelden Betty Ford part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is above average for this field. Numerous opportunities for continued education via workshops etc. by highly knowledgable experts in the field of addiction/mental health.

Cons

Orientation was almost all exclusively via on-line webinars; the person who hired me and became my direct supervisor had virtually ZERO follow through with orientation or specific job expectations (my colleague hired at the same time shared this perspective that everything was extremely unclear regarding our job duties, role, expectations etc.). Observed some staff engaging in inappropriate interactions with patients in which they were abusing their positions of power and were degrading to residents--although the company has a policy in place in which we were supposed to be able to report infractions without fear of repercussion, when I attempted to discuss my concerns with my director, there was an immediate sense that I was being told I better change my perspective to that of observing 'tough love' (which it was NOT) and/or that I'd 'clearly misperceived' the interactions (I hadn't) and I was completely being 'subtly' encouraged to drop the issue. Additionally, there was a lot of internal politics that were unprofessional. I've been in the field many years, and really struggled to tolerate the climate of care.

Advice to Management

Orientation needs to have more 'human' follow up rather than on-line sessions.

The policy of reporting ethical violations without negative repercussions needs to be practiced rather than just stated.

Compensation and continuing education opportunities were both excellent.

"Their goal is to help families but does not include their employees with families."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Hazelden Betty Ford full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They truly strive to help people who suffer with this disease. The counselors are amazing to work with and believe in what they do.

Cons

Hazelden does not support their employees that have families. Supervisor's let employees influence their decisions on other employees.

Advice to Management

I would take a look at who you are listening to when you have good employees, you are losing them because of bad employees.