KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 10 years

Was a great fit for me.

Nov 10, 2017 - Cs MANAGER in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I applied to Headsets.com with a plan of only staying there for a few months. I had another career plan, but needed a paycheck for a few months and it seemed like it would be easy, but boring, work. However, the interview process caught me off guard. I couldn’t understand why they had so many steps (phone interview, several in person interviews, little quizzes, etc.) for a customer service job. However, I was intrigued and stayed with it, figuring if it was this tricky to get the job, perhaps there was something to it. I did get hired and shortly thereafter changed my plans, and ended up staying on board for 10 years. I don’t think it is a great fit for everyone, hence the rather thorough interviewing process. The company wants people that are the proper fit skill-wise and attitude-wise, because it believes that people who are the right fits will perform better and be happier, which is good for the customers, the company, and the employees. Here is why I loved working there, and why some people might not (and keep in mind…it is still a job):· They love customers. Almost every decision was based on whether or not it would make for a better customer experience. I realized that I like treating people well and making them happy, so I was never asked to disappoint customers. I could make exceptions for them and talk on the phone as long as was needed to make them thrilled. I was judged on my ability to make people happy, not how a quickly I could get them off the phone, or other non-customer focused metrics. If you don’t genuinely enjoy helping customers (if you find it hard work to be genuinely helpful), you would not like it. You can only force liking customers for a short time, I’ve seen. · I was given clear expectations and held accountable. I enjoyed knowing what I was doing well and where I needed to improve. I had come to the company hoping to fly under the radar, but found that was not possible, and actually enjoyed being asked to contribute and do my best. Plus, as I worked on the becoming better, I was given additional responsibilities. I always interpreted the feedback and training as the company valuing me and I appreciated it. So, if you’re looking for a job that does not measure performance or give feedback, I would not apply. · Good people. Because the company is looking to hire smart, friendly, positive people, the office is made up of pleasant people to work with. Plus, the general atmosphere is a positive one, and the company makes efforts to keep it that way. Negative people won’t like it and likely won’t last long. This may be described as some ex-workers as “cultish”, but to me, it makes perfect sense that a company would want to maintain a positive atmosphere and that people’s attitudes are part of their performance. You can’t be a jerk…that makes sense to me. · Transparency and changes. Over the course of my time with Headsets.com, it went through many changes. Different products, different teams in the company, different locations, new projects, etc. It was evolving as well as reacting to outside factors. I felt the CEO always did a good job of keeping the team informed of why the company was making this decision or that one, and what the hope was. It didn’t always work out, but it usually did, and it was never boring. This doesn’t mean things were night and day week to week, but it was important to be prepared for some changes along the way. Maybe your hours would shift bit from time to time, or your role might change some, or you might move desks…if you need total consistency, you may think twice.

Cons

-The industry is not very exciting. Telephone headsets are not the most dynamic products to talk about all day. -The company hired a lot of customer service reps when I worked there, but there were not that many opportunities for advancement, as there were only so many management positions. So, advancement is not guaranteed, even for strong performers. -As mentioned above, some of the pros would be cons for some people.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

I loved working here!

Apr 6, 2022 - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, and Mike Faith is easily the best boss I've ever had. He taught me a lot about marketing, business, and even advised me while I was starting my own company while still working for him.

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Headsets.com a winner!

Nov 19, 2021 - Headset Advisor in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

First of all, I found Headsets.com through a Craigslist posting. It honestly seemed like it might be a scam, you know, buy these headsets and sell them to your friends, get your friends to sell them too and build your business!! THIS. IS. NOT. THAT! This is a really, really fun place to work. We provide high end office headsets and support them. And we are really good at it. You are provided with lots of resources and a great team to work with, all to take care of the Customers. One of the core values here is Keep it Wacky and it is legit! Headsets.com does Customer Service like no other company. The Customers know this and they love working with us. I mean what other role are you encouraged to have fund with you Customer? Tell them jokes, sing them a song, ask them to sing you a song, etc etc. You will get feedback here. The communication between the advisors is encouraged, is frequent, and valuable. If you do not know how you are doing here, you are not paying attention! You will be empowered to take care of our Customer. "Our policy is..." is not a thing here! Honesty! We talk to each other, if you have questions, ask them. If you need information, go get it. Very engaged management! You wanna work for a great company and make a difference to our Customers? Then this is the place for you.

Cons

You will get feedback here. If you are not able to listen to it, or not take it personally, or not able to apply it, then this may not be the right fit for you. And it is not negative feedback. It is constructive, it is how to do things better

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Headsets.com.