Headsets.com - Friendly Company culture and Growth Opportunities Make Headsets.com a Great Company to Call "Home" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Headsets.com

"Friendly Company culture and Growth Opportunities Make Headsets.com a Great Company to Call "Home""

Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA

Pros

If you are the person that always works the hardest for little or no recognition or thanks..you'd be happy here at Headsets.com. We think of feedback as a gift and every day is a holiday here. You'll always have a great idea of what is expected of you and you'll be given the tools, materials and training needed to excel. You'll always know how well you are doing, because we have detailed standards that we measure, like Customer Service ratings. That's probably the most important of all. We love our Customers and our Customers come back to us to be treated well.

If you are Customer-focused you'll be very happy here -- you'll be given the chance to do what you do best every day and your opinions will be listened to. Mike actually pays us $10 for every idea we email to him -- and he picks the best idea every two weeks to win $500.

If you are the employee that shows up 5 minutes early to start up your computer and get your coffee, while others around you show up 5 minutes late to spend 10 more minutes waiting for a new pot to brew..you'd be happy here at Headsets.com. We value punctuality and I can't remember the last time I saw someone rushing in because they were even a minute late.

We have free bagels and organic fruit delivered daily to our kitchen, and Peet's coffee on tap. After 3 years of working here, we get a one month sabbatical. We are also paid two days per year to volunteer for a non-profit organization of our choice.

We focus on hiring the right people and nurturing them while they grow, so there is plenty of room for advancement here if you'd like to move up. We believe that providing excellent Customer Service for our Customers is a talent and so you can be happy and well-respected as a member of Customer Service for as long as you like. We've all worked here for over a year now - some people have been here for years in Customer Service and they are very happy with their position. You hear your coworkers complimenting each other on a constant basis. You hear people thanking each other for feedback. You are constantly reminded that you are valued and valuable. People here really care about each other and we help each other out all the time. It's an excellent home away from home.

Cons

We put so much emphasis on Customer Service and growth that you can't really have off-days here. There's no room. We don't spend all day surfing the web, waiting for work to do. Pretty much every minute of our day is committed to helping the organization in some aspect. There's no place for slackers here. We are dedicated to being responsible here, so if you'd like to hang out and receive paychecks while checking out youtube and having distracted conversations with Customers, this isn't the place. The culture of positivity, growth, and accountability can seem intimidating when first arriving at Headsets.com, however; it doesn't take much time to buy into it. You see how well others are treated around you and you want to be part of it, so you buy in.

Advice to Management

Mike Faith and the other members of senior management created a company culture that fosters growth in employees' work and personal lives. We are allotted a yearly training bonus of $2500 that we can use to improve our skill set. We are encouraged to improve in all areas of our life and Mike lives by this rule as well. I would say that Mike is a very visible CEO and he's willing to help out when needed. He's even picked up the phone and assisted a Customer on a few occasions. We appreciate that Mike is like a mentor to many of us and that he focuses so much attention on creating the kind of environment we all love to work in.

Other Employee Reviews for Headsets.com

1. "Good company at which to learn and grow!"

I worked at Headsets.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Headsets.com was a challenging environment in which to work, but I'm saying that as a good thing. If you are interested in growing professionally and personally, this is a good place to learn some skills.

Cons

The bar of achievement can sometimes be raised too quickly or too high. This is the flip side of a challenging work environment.

Advice to Management

As much as possible/reasonable, invest in your employees as people (not just workers) and you will see your business flourish. Also, figure out how to sell your true competitive advantage (exceptional customer support) rather than just headsets.

2. "Great Company!"

I worked at Headsets.com full-time

Pros

The People - The Atmosphere - The Environment - The Training & Knowledge Gained

Cons

More inter-office meetings and communications