Headwaters MB - A group of successful, focused, competitive professionals who are willing to help like-minded individuals. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Headwaters MB

"A group of successful, focused, competitive professionals who are willing to help like-minded individuals."

Current Employee - Managing Director in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Managing Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Headwaters MB full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A professional, hard working environment with lots of opportunity to learn and grow from some of the best in the investment banking industry. No politics or egos. The best idea(s) win. A client-centric firm of industry-focused bankers. Above average compensation and fee sharing for bankers who know how to recruit clients and close transactions.

Cons

Generalist bankers, egomaniacs and non-team players will be asked to leave (there has been some turn-over). A place to learn and grow. Not a place to punch a clock.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the business model and prefer recruiting clients and closing transactions. Thanks for taking care of the back office and treating me like an adult. The national platform allows me to recruit and close larger transactions compared to a boutique.

Other Employee Reviews for Headwaters MB

1. "Best environment I have ever worked in. Period."

I have been working at Headwaters MB full-time

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment, full of hyper intelligent people. Excellent transparency and grown up conversation about the company philosophy. Perfect place for accomplished MD's to succeed and junior bankers to get noticed.

Cons

Must be a self starter. Not a place for a 9-5 guy. Everyone wears many hats and juggles 10 projects at once, which some people may find tough to manage.

Advice to Management

The model works.

2. "Hard charging entrepreneurial environment. Tons of responsibility really fast. Great people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Headwaters MB full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Headwaters has built a great corporate culture - very client centric and service oriented. Senior bankers are entrepreneurial dealmakers and bullpen staff are smart and ambitious. Management has outlined the strategy clearly and kept me challenged and growing in my career. Headwaters is a middle market shop on the ascent.

Cons

Investment banking isn't for the faint of heart. The hours are long, even grueling at times. Travel is often frequent and unpredictable for senior bankers. Compensation is subject to market forces resulting in uneven compensation.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on.