Headway Workforce Solutions - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - STL in Cerritos, CA
Current Employee - STL in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at Headway Workforce Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working as a temp I was able to learn many essencial skills, people were always helpfull and supportive

Cons

Length of assignments, only three months

Other Employee Reviews for Headway Workforce Solutions

"Entry Level Only, Don't Even Think About Moving Up"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Headway Workforce Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice location Walking distance to local restaurants Casual work environment Game Room Several entry level opportunities

Cons

Headway makes recruiting into a typical call center job. Plenty of red tape and restrictions from the leads & account managers which makes it difficulty to even learn about moving up in the field. I took this role as an entry level position to get into the field, but I can't even learn what it takes to go beyond where I am currently at. We can't even email our clients without specific approval.

The executive team is one word: Sheisty. They have absolutely no clue what it takes to get things done from the recruitment end and yet they seem to be the only ones at this company making any real money. Most recruiters start out between $10-$12 per hour here. Do not be fooled by their alleged monthly bonus plan. It's a scam. I've been here nearly 2 years and have gotten 3 bonuses and they were each only about $100. Bonuses have nothing to do with how hard you work or how efficient you are, but rather how much money the company made and how many of the "scraps" of that deal they are willing to throw you.

Discrimination is also a factor. Too many of our clients say blatantly discriminating things about why they wont interview, call, or hire a job applicant and all that headway will do is tell them that we will send the best of what we have. And inside of headway I don't believe it's a coincidence that all of their sales agents are non-threatening, young, Caucasian males. I also don't believe it's a coincidence that there are no African-Americans in any form of a leadership role. The Good Ole Boy mentality is definitely prevalent in this office. The CEO himself even said in not so many words that recruiters need to "keep their head down, and just do your job in this and maybe people will notice you". People do get promoted, but they are hiring more because of turnover rather than growth. And no one seems to care.

Advice to Management

If you want quality work, be willing to pay for it. Entry level recruiters in Raleigh have a starting salary in the low $30s. $11.00 per hour isn't cutting it. Listen to your employees. We want to be heard and can also give words of wisdom from our end as well. Your sales team is making bum deals if we keep getting clients but are making no money. Don't take it out on us

"you get what you get paid for"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at Headway Workforce Solutions as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

reasonable flexibility, suck up to them and you'll get work

Cons

poor communication, fired the entire office while i was out on assignment

Advice to Management

none; i'll never go back there