Headworks - Management does listen to employees on "the front lines" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Headworks

"Management does listen to employees on "the front lines""

I worked at Headworks full-time

Pros

Benefits, employees, casual workplace, location

Cons

Expected to work odd hours because CEO comes into office when she wants to
Emails all hours any day of the week

Advice to Management

Listen to employees who deal directly with customers. Hire competent employee

Other Employee Reviews for Headworks

1. "Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Headworks full-time

Pros

Working at a company where everyone is passionate about cleaning the water which goes back into the environment all around the world is my favorite thing about working at Headworks. Management truly cares about my progress up the ladder and that the career I want is the one they try to make possible for me. Compensation is fair no matter your gender, race or religion as it's all bench marked against Salary.com. The diversity in the headquarters office is a match for being in Houston, the most diverse city in the USA. I learn a ton from my colleagues, not only about the business, but about the world. The managers are respectful of my personal life and I only work late or on the weekend on the rare occasion when something really needs to get out and I've fallen behind.

Cons

This is a relative small business, so everyone has to pull their weight. If someone doesn't do their work, doesn't have the skill set they put in their resume or has a negative attitude, it shows up fast. The whole department participates in interviewing and deciding on new candidates, but sometimes we don't get it right and the whole process has to start again. People are expected to be professional and team oriented, too. If not, they are shown the door. It's sometimes frustrating that we are short a person in a department because of this, but the long term people here are always willing to help with the workload. And the policy of keeping the very best people happy is working well.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The new senior executive team are rock stars and I'm so lucky to work with them. New head of engineering literally came from a company which removes nuclear waste from water. What a fantastic opportunity to work with people of that caliber.

2. "Great people, great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Headworks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's great to be part of this friendly, hard-working team! Exposure to various departments, unlike in larger corporations. I've seen them promote from within, so plenty of growth potential. Casual office, somewhat flexible work hours within established guidelines. Benefits are ok, on par with industry standards.

Cons

Responsibilities expand beyond industry standard for a particular position, salary may not reflect that. This is probably due to it being a small company, but it can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Remember that your employees are what make you successful. Treat them well and loyalty will follow.

Headworks Response

Mar 14, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the review and we're truly happy that you are having a positive experience working here at Headworks. We are in the middle of annual employee reviews and hopefully once yours is... More