Health Choice One - STAY AWAY FROM Health Choice One! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Health Choice One

"STAY AWAY FROM Health Choice One!"

Former Employee - Call Center Sales Agent in Uniontown, OH
Former Employee - Call Center Sales Agent in Uniontown, OH

I worked at Health Choice One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. There is a 20 word minimum on this section, so I'm writing this to fulfill that minimum. Truthfully, other than the relaxed atmosphere, there is nothing positive I would say.

Cons

Their pay is awful. For instance, HumanaOne Critical Illness policies currently offer a $300 bonus PER SALE on approved applications after the first 25 sales. They will pocket the bonuses, and give you a $50 gift card. Their Management is awful. Some of the poorest business acumen I've ever seen in a company, and I've been a part of some poor companies in my life. Their arbitrarily applying rules and regulations, which is why they have more people quitting than I have ever seen before. If they like you, you might do okay. If they don't, you'll never have a chance to truthfully produce, and they'll find a way to get rid of you. Good news: You will win your unemployment benefits, because their rules lack substance and equality.

Advice to Management

Quit. Immediately.

Other Employee Reviews for Health Choice One

"Lies, Lies, Lies. BEWARE"

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Uniontown, OH
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Uniontown, OH

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They let you wear jeans everyday. For some people I guess the fact that they play music while you are on the phone is a pro. They do offer benefits (expensive) after 90 days.

Cons

They change there policies in a blink of an eye. They lie to you since the beggining, saying you will make x number amount when in reality it's not even half that. They actually write the agents compensation on the board for all to see, except what they don't tell you is that the numbers are all lies, most of the agents only get paid about 50-60% of the amount written on the board, so you get reeled in by false numbers. The agents have to pay out of there own pocket the salary for "fronters" (people who are not licensed and do the initial qualification for a sale), of course they don't tell you that, you learn afterwards that they take 20% of your bonus supposedly for the fronters, however the fronters do not get any of that bonus. Hmmm...wonder where the 20% really goes? I could go on and on, the last thing I do want to mention is that if you try to leave, they will not give you your release letters so basically they hold you hostage. That is the only reason I am still here, (am looking at other opportunities as I type).

Advice to Management

Treat the agents/fronters with respect and pay them what they're worth or at least go against your nature and be honest as to what they are getting themselves into. This goes for the "owners" too. And if people want to leave, release them so they can continue to earn income with another company that will appreciate them.

2. "I am truly blessed to be a part of HCO!"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When it comes to the great perks about this job the list really is endless. The best parts of the job are being recognized for excelling at my job and the leadership and training from the management team and my co-workers. They have and continue to make me feel like I'm family and that we are a part of something unique and special. I truly enjoy coming to work ever single day and I also love the fact that we are ALL recognized by the company when we have our company trips and how we are Rock stars at what we do. I am truly honored and humbled to work for such a great company. Also being able to communicate with the owners of the company is great. They know everyone by name and face and they are always at the forefront in the trenches with us making sure we continue to grow and be the best we can possible by. I am truly blessed to be a part of HCO!

Cons

The only Con I can think of is I wish we could be paid on sick days instead of using Vacation towards it. That being said, since working for HCO I have had a consistent income and I have been able to provide a better quality of life for my family.

Advice to Management

To All HCO managers... continue to rock!!! ...but to the managers in Colorado, continue to take chances on hires that are not the mold because you know there are diamonds in the rough and you tend to find them and continue to inspire and lay down the law. You have been nothing but the best at what you do and that makes all of us better and brings us even closer.