Health Choice One - STAY AWAY FROM Health Choice One! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Health Choice One

"STAY AWAY FROM Health Choice One!"

Former Employee - Call Center Sales Agent in Uniontown, OH
Former Employee - Call Center Sales Agent in Uniontown, OH

I worked at Health Choice One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. There is a 20 word minimum on this section, so I'm writing this to fulfill that minimum. Truthfully, other than the relaxed atmosphere, there is nothing positive I would say.

Cons

Their pay is awful. For instance, HumanaOne Critical Illness policies currently offer a $300 bonus PER SALE on approved applications after the first 25 sales. They will pocket the bonuses, and give you a $50 gift card. Their Management is awful. Some of the poorest business acumen I've ever seen in a company, and I've been a part of some poor companies in my life. Their arbitrarily applying rules and regulations, which is why they have more people quitting than I have ever seen before. If they like you, you might do okay. If they don't, you'll never have a chance to truthfully produce, and they'll find a way to get rid of you. Good news: You will win your unemployment benefits, because their rules lack substance and equality.

Advice to Management

Quit. Immediately.

Other Employee Reviews for Health Choice One

"Lies, Lies, Lies. BEWARE"

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Uniontown, OH
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Uniontown, OH

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They let you wear jeans everyday. For some people I guess the fact that they play music while you are on the phone is a pro. They do offer benefits (expensive) after 90 days.

Cons

They change there policies in a blink of an eye. They lie to you since the beggining, saying you will make x number amount when in reality it's not even half that. They actually write the agents compensation on the board for all to see, except what they don't tell you is that the numbers are all lies, most of the agents only get paid about 50-60% of the amount written on the board, so you get reeled in by false numbers. The agents have to pay out of there own pocket the salary for "fronters" (people who are not licensed and do the initial qualification for a sale), of course they don't tell you that, you learn afterwards that they take 20% of your bonus supposedly for the fronters, however the fronters do not get any of that bonus. Hmmm...wonder where the 20% really goes? I could go on and on, the last thing I do want to mention is that if you try to leave, they will not give you your release letters so basically they hold you hostage. That is the only reason I am still here, (am looking at other opportunities as I type).

Advice to Management

Treat the agents/fronters with respect and pay them what they're worth or at least go against your nature and be honest as to what they are getting themselves into. This goes for the "owners" too. And if people want to leave, release them so they can continue to earn income with another company that will appreciate them.

2. "I love my job!"

Pros

My name is Chrystal and i have worked at Health Choice One for alittle over 3 years! HCO is genuinely a great place to work! The pros; You are offered an hourly rate OR comp. pay (whichever is more), for those weeks that are bad you are offered guaranteed comp (12 times/yr), one week paid vacation every year with opportunities to earn more PTO with good attendance and the cherry on top is the amazing trips the company takes every year! Scott and Jen take the necessary steps to protect their agents by recording every call, putting every client thru a verification process and creating a paper trail for every product sold. They have created and expanded departments in an effort to allow the agents more opportunities to close deals. Over the three years that i have been here the only thing that has stayed the same is Scott and Jens dedication to making sure their employees have every opportunity to increase their income. They have brought on new carriers, ended contracts with others and readjusted comp according to what carries are/are not paying. As long as you follow the rules/process for every deal, do your paper work correctly and show up for work you'll make money! During my time here i have purchased a brand new vehicle (first owner) and purchased a house! Scott and Jen are very family oriented and understand that people have lives outside of work! They are flexible with extra time off needed to care for loved ones and take care of personal matters. They take time to show their employees that they appreciate them and care about their day to day! I am blessed to work for such an amazing company!

Cons

Complainers. Thats the con. As with every business there are people who don't want to follow the general flow of things or submit their paper work correctly. In this job if you do that then your income will reflect that. So the con is that people actually complain about not getting paid for work they didn't do correctly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!