Health Plan of San Joaquin - Challenging work but tedious | Glassdoor
  1. "Challenging work but tedious"

Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Stockton, CA

I worked at Health Plan of San Joaquin full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good place to learn basic project management. Front line staff are friendly and engaging and willing to help one another.

Cons

Management tends to provide minimal guidance for how they want projects to be handled. Sometimes hard to understand long term objectives.

Health Plan of San Joaquin2018-11-21

Other Employee Reviews

1. "I Don't See the Problem"

in French Camp, CA

I have been working at Health Plan of San Joaquin

Pros

I have been here for a year and I can say, full heartedly, I love my job. I love the feeling I get when I accomplish something at the end of the day. I take pride in my work and I value the fact that my boss acknowledges when I have done a good job. Aside from that, this company has offered me more in benefits than ANY OTHER COMPANY I have worked for (10 companies, all different field types). I am fortunate... enough to work for a place that is truly driven by the fact that we serve the underserved. We would not be anywhere without our members. Each provider contract that gets signed, each customer service call that gets answered, every claim that gets paid.....it is all because of our members and our mission.

Cons

There are so many people who keep saying negative things about the company. I am not here to slander them. I am here to say that I am sorry you are an unhappy full time paid employee with good benefits. If you don't like your job then freaking quit and allow people who believe in the HPSJ mission to work here. I must confess....the one con that I see at this company is the way that the majority of the pro union... staff represent themselves and the discrimination they practice when they are uncertain as to someone's stance on the issue. Play fair or get off of the field.

Advice to Management

Considering everything that is happening with your staff, I am thankful that each of you are able to come to work with a smile on your face. You may be tense, in a hurry, or frustrated, but you push it aside and get the job done. Thank you for staying professional during highly stressful times. You are true leaders.

Health Plan of San Joaquin2016-03-03

"Stress, with a side of additional stress and frustration."

I have been working at Health Plan of San Joaquin full-time

Pros

Pay is competitive. But you pay for the pay.

Cons

Constant turnover. New managers expect new employees (under a year) to know everything, get written up if they don’t, for the only end result to make them look good. Managers and Directors aren’t held to same standards as the “workers”. Higher ups can blatantly violate union rules and get away with it. CEO does nothing to curb her Executives, Directors and Managers abuse of power and ridiculous expectations based... upon the fear that the house of cards will collapse if everyone leaves. In turn this makes the “worker bees” stress out and forces them to take on FAR too much. Could be a great place to work unfortunately the lack of true leadership has made way for dictators and bullies in management and Executive positions.

Advice to Management

Leadership is leading by example and building up your workforce. Not pointing the finger, blaming and placing insane amounts of pressure on people to perform without any training.

Health Plan of San Joaquin2019-06-11

Discover more reviews about Health Plan of San Joaquin.