Health Plan of San Joaquin - Only negativity has come from the union | Glassdoor

"Only negativity has come from the union"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in French Camp, CA

I have been working at Health Plan of San Joaquin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This was a great place until negative employees who forgot how horrible it is elsewhere started complaining and brought in the union. Staffs who brought in the union are pushy and wants to push their negativity on others. Our pay was decent and the benefits were still great despite a few cutbacks. If they were so unhappy then they should have moved on to other companies and let us keep what we had before. This union... is incompetent and now we are stuck paying union dues and still does not have the benefits that we did have before the union came in.... What a waste.... Reminds me of the saying " dont follow barking dogs cause you really don't know what they are barking at"

Cons

Previous CEO and management staff put the company in financial distress cause of all the perks that he was giving employees. People should realize that when you are serving the community you should be happy about doing your job without expecting something each time you reach out your hand. Having a good job nowadays is enough of a reward.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the folks who don't Appreciate what they have. They are messing it up for everyone else who does.

Health Plan of San Joaquin2016-03-05

Other Employee Reviews

1. "I Don't See the Problem"

in French Camp, CA

I have been working at Health Plan of San Joaquin

Pros

I have been here for a year and I can say, full heartedly, I love my job. I love the feeling I get when I accomplish something at the end of the day. I take pride in my work and I value the fact that my boss acknowledges when I have done a good job. Aside from that, this company has offered me more in benefits than ANY OTHER COMPANY I have worked for (10 companies, all different field types). I am fortunate... enough to work for a place that is truly driven by the fact that we serve the underserved. We would not be anywhere without our members. Each provider contract that gets signed, each customer service call that gets answered, every claim that gets paid.....it is all because of our members and our mission.

Cons

There are so many people who keep saying negative things about the company. I am not here to slander them. I am here to say that I am sorry you are an unhappy full time paid employee with good benefits. If you don't like your job then freaking quit and allow people who believe in the HPSJ mission to work here. I must confess....the one con that I see at this company is the way that the majority of the pro union... staff represent themselves and the discrimination they practice when they are uncertain as to someone's stance on the issue. Play fair or get off of the field.

Advice to Management

Considering everything that is happening with your staff, I am thankful that each of you are able to come to work with a smile on your face. You may be tense, in a hurry, or frustrated, but you push it aside and get the job done. Thank you for staying professional during highly stressful times. You are true leaders.

Health Plan of San Joaquin2016-03-03

"Stress, with a side of additional stress and frustration."

I have been working at Health Plan of San Joaquin full-time

Pros

Pay is competitive. But you pay for the pay.

Cons

Constant turnover. New managers expect new employees (under a year) to know everything, get written up if they don’t, for the only end result to make them look good. Managers and Directors aren’t held to same standards as the “workers”. Higher ups can blatantly violate union rules and get away with it. CEO does nothing to curb her Executives, Directors and Managers abuse of power and ridiculous expectations based... upon the fear that the house of cards will collapse if everyone leaves. In turn this makes the “worker bees” stress out and forces them to take on FAR too much. Could be a great place to work unfortunately the lack of true leadership has made way for dictators and bullies in management and Executive positions.

Advice to Management

Leadership is leading by example and building up your workforce. Not pointing the finger, blaming and placing insane amounts of pressure on people to perform without any training.

Health Plan of San Joaquin2019-06-11

Discover more reviews about Health Plan of San Joaquin.