HealthEast - Excellent health care employer in Twin Cities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HealthEast

"Excellent health care employer in Twin Cities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at HealthEast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

HealthEast provides great benefits, they encourage professional development and often promote from within. I can't imagine working for a different health care company.

Cons

Wish work was closer to home.

Other Employee Reviews for HealthEast

"I love my job, but management is hit and miss"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at HealthEast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HealthEast is a large healthcare organization, and the opportunities for career growth are exceptional. I've been there for 15 months now, and transferred into my perfect job 4 months ago. I feel like the senior-level leadership is very visible and engaged, though i have yet to meet our new CEO. And my Co-workers are all excellent. HealthEast attracts the best if the best when it comes to nurses. The clientele is diverse, but mostly suburban at my work sites, so no threats to my safety such as gang violence.

Cons

I feel that management at times is a bloated bureaucracy. It seems they can be out of touch with the working conditions and needs of front-line clinical staff. And the best and brightest nurses typically do not go into leadership positions, because managers have little power to affect real change and spend a lot of time doing paperwork and attending meetings.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the whole "huddle" concept. HealthEast is so large that one-size-fits-all is not an appropriate ethos. Allow more shared governance, or the opportunity for field clinicians to help make the important decisions. Cut out some of the CEO/corporate people and give more authority to the managers, who are more in-touch with the needs of their staff.

"St. John's Hospital: Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Maplewood, MN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Maplewood, MN

I have been working at HealthEast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medium sized community hospital, felt safe. Doctors: Friendly hospitalists, more friendly surgeons than not, excellent oncology MDs. Great teamwork among staff, fellow RNs are kind, knowledgable, and helpful. Good staffing ratios, generally 4 patients to a nurse for day and evening shifts.

Cons

McKesson charting system was poor, not user friendly. They are in the process of shopping for a new vender. Discharge process was inefficent and frustrating.

Advice to Management

Obtain a better EHR vender and make discharge paperwork simpler.