HealthEdge Software - Strong Management Team, Great Product and Passionate Colleagues! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HealthEdge Software

"Strong Management Team, Great Product and Passionate Colleagues!"

I have been working at HealthEdge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• One of the strongest C-level teams I've ever worked for - they really operate as a team and have been very successful bringing in some exceptional new management talent to join the ranks.

• The company has developed a very strong product, one that everyone at HealthEdge genuinely appears to be excited about growing & supporting, across all levels of the organization.

• With a great product and all-star team behind it comes growth - and HealthEdge is certainly growing! It's an exciting time to be a part of the the team here - we have a rapidly growing customer base, a lot of new faces and talent, and a ton of opportunity.

• Despite our quickly growing team, Sr. Management appears to be working diligently at maintaining the "family" type of atmosphere in the office. I definitely see a concerted effort to recognize hard work and contributions - and amazingly, even with our growth, our Sr. Management folks have remained connected and in-tune with day-to-day operations.

• Management is very supportive of investing in the tools & technology needed internally to help our teams be more effective and productive - it's great to have that kind of support from each corner to help us collaborate in the ways we need to.

Cons

• Growth, especially at the rapid rate we are experiencing, can be challenging. It means we need to adapt quickly to growing employee support needs and it means that we need to become more effective communicators internally. Most folks seem to recognize and appreciate these things though, which makes rolling with the punches much easier. It also helps to have colleagues that you trust and can laugh with.

• With so many new faces, some regular, informal company-sponsored social activities could help with on-boarding and relationship building between teams.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum building! You have all of the ingredients needed to take HealthEdge to the next level - continue to invest in our product and our team here. Folks genuinely appreciate knowing that you are aware of and appreciate our hard work - we'll continue to work hard for you if we know you are there to support us!

Other Employee Reviews for HealthEdge Software

"The Health Insurance Software a Dot Com Like Ride!"

I have been working at HealthEdge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- High Salaries
    - Agile Shop
    - Nice people to work with
    - Good road warrior support

Cons

- Poor benefits: No matching 401K
    - Very little work - life balance (50 - 60 hrs/week)
    - Can be called to any client site in the US at a moments notice
    - Egotistic Upper Management
    - If you don't have a strong background in health insurance operations - Forget this place

Advice to Management

You have a slash of cultures. HealthEdge is an Agile software shop and all their clients are medium to large anal health insurance companies. Don't shove Agile down their throats. Also, hire more SMEs & Tech Leads. To many PMs & PDs. There are only a handful of people with more the 3 years experience at the company.

2. "Exciting, Demanding, Complex, but Fun"

Current Employee - Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at HealthEdge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is leading its market
    Enterprise Software that is exciting to work on.
    Some kind of new partnership with Optum that seems to be adding to growth
    Management team seems to know what their doing
    Company has been more than fair to me. (Unscheduled raise and bonus in year one)

Cons

Office space is very tight but we are supposed to move to new HQ soon. Need more info.
    Infrequent company wide meetings.
    Management was frugal during start up phase. Now that company is growing they need to relax a little. No coffee provided for example. I bring my own K-Cups but why?

Advice to Management

Get serious about regular company meetings. Share the strategy and the good news more often.
    Make the environment more relaxed. The recent MVP thing was a good idea.
    Rumors about benefit changes due to merger. What will this mean?