HealthPlan Services - Clueless, outsourcing, cheap | Glassdoor

"Clueless, outsourcing, cheap"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at HealthPlan Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of people are friendly.

Cons

Way way behind in technology, They claim this is changing, however, upper IT management is full of former main framers and obviously aren't listening to what the insignificant lower rung people suggest. They want to become a Java\PHP shop only. There is a group that uses .NET but they're not even in IT. And because their director is related to a VP with a major client they don't have to have anything to do with IT - but I guess I can't blame them.

Picture the most complicated way things can be done and this place goes beyond that. What should take a matter of minutes to accomplish can take days because of all the red tape and other departments that are required to be involved. But the technology is a huge part of this. Nothing, and I mean nothing is done in the most efficient way possible. I can't express this enough. When the economy improves this place is going to be empty real fast.

Bad data!!!???? You'll see it here. Of course there is talk about fixing it but why has it existed all these years in the first place? When bad data is discovered there's a ton of additional programming required for each and every case as it happens instead of preventing the bad data from being inserted in the first place. This is a daily practice!

Good people are leaving this place at an alarming rate while those who are happy to get a pay check remain.

Advice to Management

Save your big pay checks because when this place goes down your resumes will only get you so far as you'll never live up at the kind of positions you have at this dump.

Other Employee Reviews for HealthPlan Services