HealthTap - Amazing team, great product, no work-life balance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for HealthTap

"Amazing team, great product, no work-life balance"

Current Employee - Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at HealthTap full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees here are really awesome, hardworking, and talented. Lunches are provided a few days a week. Health insurance is pretty good.

Cons

There is no work-life balance, mandatory Sunday's, and pretty much everyone is at the beck-and-call of the CEO. People are so tired they fall asleep during team meetings. There is crazy high turnover. Benefits are not that great overall, there is no vision or dental insurance. Vacation days, and holidays are at the whim of the management team, so no one really knows what days are holidays.

Advice to Management

Care about the well-being of the employees and trust that they will get the job done without having to be present in the office all hours of the day.

HealthTap Response

Sep 12, 2013 – HealthTap Talent & Happiness

Thanks for your interest in HealthTap, helping millions live healthier, happier, longer lives. We want you to have an accurate picture of what it's like to work here, and one that’s based on data... More

Other Employee Reviews for HealthTap

1. "The real deal"

I have been working at HealthTap full-time

Pros

* High work satisfaction. You get to work on real problems that have a real impact on real people.
    * Great teammates and culture. You’ll work with very smart people who enjoy working together.
    * A+ benefits. Competitive pay, good insurance, and options with lots of upside.
    * Growth opportunities. You’ll get a lot of responsibility and ownership if you have the desire and the skills to take it.

Cons

The team needs to grow to accommodate all the work coming In, and finding candidates that meet the company’s high technical standards takes time. I’m glad the company is not growing for growth’s sake, but teams need to speed up finding and onboarding the best people.

Advice to Management

Keep at it and grow the company at all levels of skill and experience.

2. "Growth in every sense of the word and it's awesome"

I have been working at HealthTap full-time

Pros

After several years of being here, I finally figured I'd write a review. I've passively observed what people have said here throughout the years, and the reality is that many of the good things you read here are true. I'm of course biased because I've been here. But at the same time, that gives me the credibility to say this. The negative stuff you read seems really random. Many of the things here are not representative of my experience, past or present. The truth is the company is growing and evolving so quickly, and it is growing up to change as needed with every step of its business success. So much has evolved already in the last couple of years and so there is no static state. I can tell you everyone here is committed to ongoing improvement and success. And there isn't a single person in the company, from Ron the CEO down to any new junior individual contributor that is here for the wrong reasons. And the company is going through such growth, it's an awesome career opportunity for anyone looking to accelerate their set of responsibilities through taking initiatives and just driving results on your own

Cons

There are several things at any time we can improve on, as with any company. Right now I think the most important thing is about figure out how to scale processes to manage teams. For example, all hands meetings are getting long or rushed with so many people presenting. We may need to break those into smaller team meetings for functional "departments".

Advice to Management

We should hire more recruiters to help more with sourcing and early stage interviews. It's taking up a lot of everyone's time (as its rightly a priority) but it may be more productive and efficient to bring specialized labor to do that part and allow other specialized skills to focus on what they do best, like code or design or manage. Also consider getting more REAL employees to post here and encouring it internally, because it will automatically provide more of an honest perspective of what it's like to be here.