HealthTap - This place is poop | Glassdoor

"This place is poop"

Pros

The coworkers are super awesome and fun! Making a possible impact is also nice, too. People quit all the time so you'll quickly have the most seniority.

They hire at about the same rate people leave, which is hilarious

Cons

Important: This company is willing to offer you a visa if you need one. It's a trap!! People quit so often that they know this is the only way they can get you to stay for more than a couple of months.

Pay is way below average ANDDDDD they don't tell you the number of outstanding shares. Just in case you don't know, this is not normal!

They ask their employees to post on GlassDoor and the App Store.

They pressure you to work on weekends.

No work life balance.

I don't know a single (non-management) person who likes working here.

Advice to Management

Please stop being so poopy.

HealthTap Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Head of Product

Thanks for your interest in HealthTap, helping millions live healthier, happier, longer lives. We want you to have an accurate picture of what it's like to work here, and one that’s based on data and... More

Other Employee Reviews for HealthTap

"Friendly, Fast, Collaborative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at HealthTap full-time

Pros

Really fun work environment, where you really don't ever have to be afraid of saying you don't know something, or asking for help. It's a great learning environment, and it's a place where people are serious about getting things done! Not the kind of place where you can surf the web all day, which is a good thing.

There is also more food than I know what to do with. You will NOT go hungry here.

Cons

Hours can be long, but that's not a surprise at an ambitious place.

"Long hours, great people, awful work, Ron sucks."

Pros

The people were great and they also had some really good food. Location was good too, but not much else.

Cons

As an intern I was paid less than minimum wage, worked 16 hour days. They were secretive and I was yelled at a lot. They paid people arbitrary amounts of money and some interns were not paid at all. Honestly the people and product were worthwhile but the hours and emotional and physical abuse were not worth it. Upper management is totally in it for the money.

HealthTap Response