Healthfirst (New York) - One of the best companies to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Healthfirst (New York)

"One of the best companies to work for!"

I worked at Healthfirst (New York) (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have the best medicare and medicaid sales training in the industry. Wonderful benefits and opportunity for growth.

Cons

Very strict policies. No more than two weeks of consecutive vacation.

Other Employee Reviews for Healthfirst (New York)

1. "It was a positive learning experience!"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

One of the best places to work for. I had a supportive manager. I learned a lot and as a result I was able to add a lot of value to the team.

Cons

I had a positive experience. There were no cons.

Advice to Management

Continue mentoring your staff! I know it made me feel valued as an employee.

"Project Management and Implementation"

I worked at Healthfirst (New York) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice environment and good people. Benefits are standard but not exceptional. They have a good program for on-boarding new employees. It is very thorough and informative. The location is very convenient.

Cons

A training program for the various computer systems used would be very helpful and an overview of the data flow for the systems as well. It would also be good to have an informational directory of contacts in the various operational areas readily available.
    I found that my management didn't support me when I made decisions and they got involved in minute parts of my project where they should have just been providing support for the issues I escalated. In fact, my management would question my decisions at meetings with other areas in lieu of discussing the strategies ahead of time to be fully informed of why I am making the decisions in the first place.

Advice to Management

Management style is too individual and without a centralized goal or methodology. More policy decisions should be made at the top levels of management and enforced rather than leaving decisions up to individual managers for their areas. One example is the telecommuting policy which should be more evenly distributed rather than at the discretion of one manager for their team. Additionally I found that there was no career path in my area to which I could aspire. Also, flex hours should be flexible for everyone and of course within reason.