Hearsay Systems - Great Culture and Smart People! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hearsay Systems

"Great Culture and Smart People!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hearsay Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is really smart and really dedicated to the product and their work. They are also some of the nicest people you will ever meet - including the engineers! All of the awesome startup perks are also offered including onsite fitness classes, catered lunch everyday and team off-sites. Overall it's a great place to work and there's not much to complain about.

Cons

The location is a little out of the way and being so close to the ballpark can be tough on game days with all of the auto and pedestrian traffic. We are also experiencing some minor growing pains as we continue to hire aggressively while attempting to maintain the startup culture.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Hearsay Systems Response

Oct 28, 2014 – CTO

Glad that you're here and happy! I do agree, though, the location has been particularly inconvenient with the World Series played next door two of the last three years! ;)

Other Employee Reviews for Hearsay Systems

"Good and Bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hearsay Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Non exec employees are all very nice
    - Smart people
    - Fun atmosphere
    - Free food
    - Good location

Cons

- Stanford elitism mentality exists here - coming from the top down (founders both Stanford alums). Didn't go to Stanford? You're 2nd class
    - Not much transparency from upper management to rest of company
    - Bitter employees do exist here - you'll come across many whispering in conference rooms spreading general negativity
    - They over promise and under deliver when it comes to your career trajectory
    - C-execs have favorites - don't expect to move up unless you're one of them

Hearsay Systems Response

Sep 23, 2014 – CTO

Glad that you're enjoying at least some parts of the company! As for Stanford elitism, Clara & I did go to Stanford--but none of the rest of the executive team did, and as far as I know only 1 of ... More

"Fantastic people and best company I've been apart of!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hearsay Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve worked at Hearsay for more than 2 years and been meaning to write this for some time but never felt the need since there’s so many opportunities to share my thoughts through surveys and with my manager that I never had the urge! After seeing a few posts from disgruntled folks, I figured it was time to at least share my view!

-Work hard atmosphere but not a sweatshop. You will have the opportunity to take on additional projects and accelerate your career growth. Work smart and you will reap the benefits.

-Established processes, but still room to grow/change. The benefit of working at a company our size (close to 200) is that you aren't starting from scratch, but you're also not dealing with a ton of hierarchy. I think most people here report to a senior leader or have close enough relationships with executives to be able to suggest change. Have a way to improve something? You'll be able to shape the company in a big way.

-Wonderful benefits - 100% employee coverage, cell phone stipend, amazing maternity and paternity leave policies, unlimited vacation (yes, while Hearsay is a family, employees have their own families so there is a work life balance!)

-Strong relationships with senior leadership. They empower their employees to make decisions and have an impact on Hearsay's success.

-The people here are phenomenal. They are smart, caring, and always supportive. We've really lucked out and we continue to hire the right culture fits!

I can honestly say I look forward to coming to work everyday. Thankful for this opportunity - keep it up!

Cons

There’s been some executive turnover. It’s understandable that we’ve made some pivots throughout the lifecycle of our company and we needed to make some changes in leadership. Now, I see how some people might feel that it's political, but it's kept our company alive and thriving. It's apart of being a business. Our senior leadership team listens, probably more than any other company I’ve ever worked for and when you’re leading 200 people, it's just not possible to meet the needs of 200 people. There's going to be some cons wherever you go, but with all the pros it's really hard for me to not think how special Hearsay is.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people whether it's more development programs, hiring more people, or company wide events. Thank you for being approachable and powerful leaders!