Hearst - I work for Hearst part time and it is a great company to work for and even offer their part time employees perks. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hearst

"I work for Hearst part time and it is a great company to work for and even offer their part time employees perks."

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Production Assistant in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Hearst part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get paid double for working holidays and have some paid time off as a part time employee.

Cons

I do not have any health benefits nor do I have a retirement plan with Hearst as a part time employee.

Advice to Management

I think overall, Hearst is a great company to work for, but maybe extend some partial benefits to part time employees as these are hard times and boosting employee morale will go a long way with just a little bit of extra effort on the part of company executives.

Other Employee Reviews for Hearst

1. "Lots of Perks"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Hearst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, lots of perks

Cons

Slow growth as an employee.

Advice to Management

Keep your talent, promote from within.

2. "Great experience. No room for growth."

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Hearst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience. Great company to put on your resume. I loved the middle management of my magazine - super friendly and encouraging. Upper management was cold and stand-offish. Great building - cafeteria and gym are wonderful! Great location. Perks - discounts,exclusive opportunities, etc.

Cons

Turnover is quick. No room for growth. Low starting salaries. Assistants are told they are paid hourly, however, at the magazine I worked at, we only got paid for 35 hours no matter how many hours we worked.

Advice to Management

Allow more room for growth. I was given this advice while working there - "If you want to move up, you have to leave and then try to come back in." Raising starting salaries for assistants would be nice. Your current is not livable. Also, paying interns wouldn't be a bad idea or at least a travel stipend.