Hearth & Home Technologies - Lots of flexibility, quality of management varies highly | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Hearth & Home Technologies

"Lots of flexibility, quality of management varies highly"

Pros

Good Benefits, immediate 401k vesting.
Profit sharing
Bonus plan that puts control for a significant portion in the hands of the employee.
Relative autonomy
Flexibility
Location
Local management

Cons

Non-local management
Political
Very susceptible to any swings in the housing market
Prone to short-sighted thinking.

Advice to Management

Consider the qualifications, merits, motives, and behavior of members of National Management.

Other Employee Reviews for Hearth & Home Technologies

"HHT Offers Everything!"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Lakeville, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Lakeville, MN

I worked at Hearth & Home Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent products, great people, cash and deferred profit sharing and generous PTO. Ability to have true work-life-balance and grow career with several opportunities. Exciting SD culture gathers cross-functional teams to find solutions with lean problem-solving tools.

President (Berger) is a Harvard alum - very genuine, intelligent and practical -
     truly solid, strategic leadership with a heart. Most other senior leaders are great as well; lots of exposure available to all levels which is a great cultural experience for organization.

Org seems to be gearing up for more and new types of marketing support and programs, which is needed and exciting. Would be a good time to join the team for those seeking a marketing career.

Cons

Unnecessary rework and far too frequent analysis on expense authorizations, budgeting and funds requests leads to paralysis and frustration. Dated marketing tools and lack of interest for funding upgraded software and systems that would save money and time.

Advice to Management

Empower your leaders at all levels, take risks, try new things and fail fast. Upgrade software and tap the breaks on the quarterly or monthly analysis of marketing programs. Exposure to senior leaders (Especially VP!) is important for all levels within HHT, keep visibility and attendance strong within organization and push all senior leaders at that level remain positive and supportive with constructive feedback for broader teams. Keep having fun!

""Dont burn your bridges""

Former Employee - Machine Technician in Lake City, MN
    Former Employee - Machine Technician in Lake City, MN

I worked at Hearth & Home Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good.

Cons

Management is a good old boys club. Hr included. I was terminated after 11 years of service. I was basically put on the kill list after going to HR to complain about my managers style. I knew the writing was on the wall when I started getting wrote up for minor infractions. They topped that off by going all out to deny my unemployment as well. Very toxic management. They have burned so many people in town that they have turned into the town joke. They have to resort to hire a revolving door of temps and punks to keep their lines running. They now have resorted to big billboards all over the area. If the jobs were so great they would sell them selves. Now some of the crap they pull is just as bad as a lot of company's do considering how much employment laws actually are employer slated in this country but they are the "experts"

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and actually empower them. Leave your own arrogance at the door and let your "members" shine! Stop burning bridges!

Hearth & Home Technologies Response

Sep 15, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I’m glad our benefits met your expectations as an HHT member. However, we are sorry to hear that your overall experience at HHT did not match our... More