KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Decent Position

Feb 15, 2022 - Business Assistant in Brooksville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

A breath of fresh air compared to the organization and environment I came from. Overall, Heartland Dental is a great company and a pleasure to work for. The Business Assistant position is good for both beginning and seasoned professionals who have interest in running the front office of a dental facility. You will: schedule, answer phones, disperse mail and messages, insurance aging, insurance verification, collection protocol including calls, clean, go over treatment plans, etc. While this position can be rewarding there is not much room for advancement (or a raise) unless you chug along the corporate ladder to become management.

Cons

-During the interview process consider asking about the office's production/ ability to keep a full schedule. If you find yourself in an underperforming office chances are you will be sent home early multiple times a week. I had to leave due to my average hours not being financially feasible. -I have seen pure, hard working talent (that also trained me, was employed 3x longer and ran the office by themself) get passed up for management due to not having a Bachelor's. Otherwise they were perfectly qualified and worked circles around others. I believe they have been considered since but they had to wait and fight extraordinarily longer. - I wish the insurance had better coverage for $120/month & high deductibles. -There are annoyances that come with a corporation (very limited raises, no bonuses, no overtime, pesky online trainings, sometimes too many team building exercises that MAKE YOU TRAVEL with no regard to your personal time- this is an office by office basis, etc).

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

World Class Training

Jun 9, 2022 - Dental Hygienist in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

They offer clinical and business training that people pay $10-15k for as part of a ‘Masters Group’ or something similar. Expectations and accountability.

Cons

Fast pace. But doable without cutting corners if you use their systems and learn to use time well.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

GreAt job

Jul 4, 2022 - Dentist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedules and autonomy in treatment planning

Cons

Low pay even for seasoned docs

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Heartland Dental.

Heartland Dental Photos