Cover image for Heartland Dental

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Sep 27, 2022 - Business Assistant in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Security, benefits, growth opportunities, positive atmosphere.

Cons

Lots of daily and weekly protocols/systems

Be the first to find this review helpful

HR

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience as a Heartland Dental team member. We appreciate you!

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Nov 23, 2022 - Expanded Function Dental Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are multiple locations in almost every state so if you ever need to move you could find a location to transfer to. Great people, great pay and benefits, continuing education opportunities galore and room to grow in your role or another role.

Cons

PTO only after 1 year Sometimes hard to get your own dental work done

Be the first to find this review helpful

HR

It’s team members like you that make Heartland Dental great – thanks for your review!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A tragic way to end a career

Nov 13, 2022 - Business Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of posiitions available if you want to learn corporate.

Cons

Corporate mentality. All about numbers and meeting challenges that prevent quality patient care. Hire inept doctors that that do substandard work and diagnose unnecessary treatment to get production, and work crazy long days so you can get some kind of little treat. -A goodie box or tiny bonus.... Unless of course you're a provider. Watching endless hours of modules. Lack of training. Lack of IT support. Hiring friends with NO experience. PMO NEVER there. I was with a private practice for 13 years that sold to HD. Most the staff members had all been with this doctor for minimum of 5 years. A few of us 13+. HD took this multimillion dollar practice and ran it into the ground. One original staff remains. Even the doctor bailed. They promised so much to all of us and zero delivery. WORST practice manager I've ever experienced in my 30 years of dentistry. I have patients contacting me personally desperate for advice on how to get their records, and where they should go for care. I never imagined that I would have to retire early due to all the stress that HD created in my life. All I can say is, if your practice is purchased by Heartland Dental…run for the hills.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

HR

We take feedback like yours seriously and are disappointed that your experience didn’t meet your expectations. If you're comfortable, please reach out to experience@heartland.com to continue the conversation.

Discover more reviews about Heartland Dental.

Heartland Dental Careers

Cover image for Heartland Dental

If you are passionate about dental care, want a work-life balance that enables you to flourish in and out of the office, and like to work...More

• Dentist Careers

+ Add Photo
Heartland Dental photo of: Heartland Dental Home Office
Heartland Dental photo of: Heartland Dental's campus recruiting team
Heartland Dental photo of: The Rolling Hills Dental Care team
Heartland Dental photo of: Dental Care at Babcock Ranch team!
Heartland Dental photo of: Dental Care at Babcock Ranch
Heartland Dental photo of: LAUNCH 2022 - Our Dental student leadership summit
Heartland Dental photo of: Bell Leadership class completion!

Heartland Dental Job Seekers Also Viewed